Postage prices go up today. So don't mail that letter with one of those old 39 cent stamps on it, because 41 is the new 39.
In other news, I have two weeks of school left. In case I haven't told you, I have applied to teach summer school which is four days a week through June. Chad is just working and teaching EMS classes for Wizard. Not much else to report.
I hope all you moms out there had a happy Mother's Day! I didn't get to be with my mom but we got to talk on the phone for quite a while, which is always nice. My mom's the best mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So is the USPS trying to get us to quit using the mail system or are they just greedy? I'm not understanding why it keeps going up so often and to so much for a single stamp?
My guess is they lose money because of e-mail. I did read that if you buy the new stamps, you can use them forever without the price going up again.
Those are the Forever Stamps, and there is some special thing about them as far as the price goes. I don't remember what I heard but it might not be such a good deal to buy them right now.
Well, I bought some forever stamps (sounds like an eternal devotion to your philatelic interests, huh?). Same price as the regular stamps, but are supposed to go for whatever the price is at the time. Besides, our little post office here didn't have 41 cent stamps, only Forevers.
Here's my bet - that the PO will wanna do anther round of price-raising soon (because it's always soon), and all of a sudden, the forever stamp will be outta print, and you'll be forced to buy $ .41 stamps. Hate to be cynical, but this whole thing looks like incrementalism so they don't have to face the public over a large price increase. And BTW, Houston also drastically decreased the # of public mailboxes, the hours available, etc. I asked one postal person at a shopping center if I could give them a padded envelope, and the response was (corrected for grammar), "No way, man, we're not in that business any more." Benjamin Frankly would be so ashamed.
Nope, sadly I will not be at the reunion. I have to be in Kansas that weekend. I hope you guys are doing great. Congrats to Chad for his graduation!
Post a Comment