Monday, January 29, 2007

Our weekend

Random weekend happenings...

We went to Jerome (a little artsy ghost tourist town) to go to a place called the Haunted Hamburger on Saturday. Best onion rings we've ever had. Worth the drive. We went to the antique stores in Prescott and Chad bought a cast-iron skillet...he'd been looking for a good one for a long time. Still in search of one with the corn molds for cornbread. Went to church on Sunday. Had roasted chicken with cheesy potatoes for dinner. Back story about the chicken...every time they are having one of those really good deals on whole chickens at the grocery store I buy one. This one was a little over two dollars...for an entire chicken! As Josh would say, AWESOME! Anyway, I roasted it all day in the crock pot, then we're cleaning up and Chad says "let's dissect the heart, it'll make good pictures for the blog." Well, I got out what I thought was the heart and also the liver. We dissected the liver first and let me take this time to say if you eat chicken livers you are gross, and that is not up for discussion. Then we dissected what we thought was the heart but it turned out not to be. Thus, no pictures of dissecting chicken parts on the blog. I know you are all disappointed. I was hoping to receive "Return to Oz" from Netflix on Saturday but I guess it's coming today. Remember that creepy movie from the '80s? Yeah, they don't really have it at any video stores. I can't wait to relive the creepiness.

That's all for random weekend happenings. Chad is meeting with his prof at school today because he is the TA for his last class that he has to take at the college. He is teaching a class in Cottonwood this afternoon to some firefighters, I think. That's it for now.

7 comments:

erin said...

Yeah, I don't think they include the heart when you buy a chicken.

Lesley said...

I don't see why not. It's not like people would do weird things with it like dissect it.

Emily said...

You are correct Erin. They do include the liver and the gizzard. Anyway, I have a cornbread mold that you guys can have because I actually have two. So it is yours- you can stop the search.

emma said...

I have that video, Return to Oz, and I love it!

Denise said...

I think Jason ate the heart.

erin said...

Who is Jason?

Lesley said...

See comments on previous post for Jason reference. This is, of course, Jason Voorhies, resident of Camp Crystal Lake and main character in the Friday the 13th movies. If you want to borrow any or all of them to watch, just ask...we've got 'em.