Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Oak Creek...not for the timid






Here are some pictures of our backpacking trip in Oak Creek Canyon. Like I said before, this hike was a little different than what we expected--for example, visualize wading or swimming through freshly melted snow, and that is what the water crossings were. I was timid at first (not quite wanting to get wet and cold...and look at that nasty green stuff we had to cross through!), but after a while, we just jumped right in. I tried to pick just a few pictures that show the landscape and also show a fairly close view of us. It was hard to decide which ones to put in here--we had a lot of really good shots.

5 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful place! It did look pretty tough though. I think that it is so neat that you guys are able to go spend time together doing things you enjoy in such adventurous ways.

emma said...

I'm jealous!!! I wish I could be there with ya'll. Except....there is no way I would be wading through that green stuff. That's where I would park it and wait for ya'lls return! Anyway, we are ready to see ya'll at CBH. I hope we get the room we asked for so maybe I won't be too hot. I may just have to take a daily dip in the baptistry.

Lesley said...

Emma...you would have been waiting a long time because we hiked all the way through the canyon--in other words we didn't come back the way we came. And don't worry, you can stay at the CBH resort (aka the nurse's cabin) if you get too hot.

davemaz said...

Great photos! Somehow, though, I imagine the Creature from the Black Lagoon swimming in those waters - shouldn't that be chlorinated? Love ya.

Lesley said...

Yeah...after we got home I felt like one shower was not quite enough to get off all the nasty.