This story just goes to show that one person (or two) CAN make a difference. After I wrote the letter to Dillard's, my mom decided to write an email as well. The next day we heard from someone in personnel at the Dillard's store here in Prescott, asking me where in the store I had seen the shirt. So I told her, and she said the shirt offended her as well, and she was going to contact their buyer and ask her what in the world she was thinking. She called me back today and said that the buyer's response was that this was the first they had heard of anyone having a problem with the shirt, and that they had a ton more on order and couldn't cancel the order. BUT, the lady at the Prescott store told me that they have chosen not to stock the shirt anymore.
So, the moral of the story is, if you are truly offended by something, say so! We got pretty good results just from one letter and an email, and I am SURE we were not the only ones in the entire country who saw the shirt and were offended. We were just the only ones who took the time to voice our concerns--thus, the attitude that "we haven't heard any other complaints, so we're going to keep ordering and selling these." Anyway, I just wanted to share our small victory. Because like Erin says, you would NEVER see a shirt that says, "Too pretty to know how to read," but with math, it's okay to be dumb.
I got a message from Chad this morning that his back went out again, so he is doing a lot of stretching, but please keep him in your prayers. Luckily their trip is mostly paddling and not a lot of hiking with a heavy backpack, but this problem just seems to never go away with Chad.
I'm going to Scottsdale today on a field trip with some of my yearbook kids. Keep us in your prayers as well.
I guess that's about it for today.
Signed, Ugly enough to do math
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment