Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Of Mountains and Mohawks

Most of you already know that Chad is taking a class called Adventure Education at P.C. this semester that requires him to be gone a lot of the time on different excursions. When he got home from one of his trips, it was time to cut his hair. So, he went upstairs and got the clippers out and cut it into a mohawk. Temporarily, it was funny. But then Chad decided to keep the mohawk...for a while. Soon we were being seen in public places like church and I kept bothering him to cut it off, and he finally did. His hair is nice and short again. I've posted a couple of pictures of the wonderful coiffure that is no more (thank goodness). Prescott's elevation is a mile, so we got snow well into March. After spring break, we had two late starts at school due to snow. I've posted a couple pictures of the snow as well. One of Chad's recent trips was a summit attempt of Baboquivari Peak in southern Arizona close to Tucson. Here is a picture of him and his group at the top. I think it was 7 pitches long, and Chad led part of the climb. If you are a climber you know that 7 pitches is not a piece of cake. Chad leaves again tomorrow to paddle the San Juan River (close to the 4 corners) for two weeks. He'll be with his class group the whole time, and a high school hiking club from the Phoenix area will join them for a few days. This will be his last trip for the class, which needless to say I am excited about.







No comments: