Monday, October 29, 2012

Ezra 3.25 years...FINALLY potty trained!

Three years and three months is such a fun age for Ezra. He is growing by leaps and bounds both physically and mentally. Here is what he is up to lately in pictures...
 He is a WONDERFUL big brother. These photos were not staged. Ivy loves him and he loves her. He is always mimicking what I'm saying to her and comforting her when she is upset. It is so sweet. In the picture below she was upset because I put her down and he went over to comfort her and she put her hand on his face too. And I just happened to have my camera! I was so excited!
 He loves his daddy and LOVES spending time with him. Not as enamored with dinosaurs as he once was but still likes them. Mostly he'll do anything as long as it's with Chad. They are buddies.
 We went to the corn maize for small group a couple weeks ago and Ezra got to feed a pig!
 His new thing is being a "statue."
 He really likes to do puzzles and he's really good at him! This is one thing that we really enjoy doing together as well. But if I'm busy, Ezra will just sit in his playroom and do puzzles by himself.
 We were out in the front yard one evening just playing and I got a couple shots. It wasn't cold at all but Ezra loves wearing these gloves for no reason in particular.

 He loves building towers, but the best part is knocking them down. He can identify all his letters and also loves stamping letters on paper.
 Oh, how I love this little boy. It will be so awesome to watch him become a young man. He has a tender heart and a hilarious personality.
 The best thing about the last three months is that I can finally say that Ezra is POTTY TRAINED! We started this journey in April and it was very difficult. Basically the last 6 months have been very unpredictable as far as whether Ezra was going to decide to use the potty or not, and even a month or so ago when he stayed with my mom he had multiple "accidents." It was so up and down with Ezra. He did well at first but then we had the hardest time all summer at camp, throwing away and washing so many pairs of underwear. So frustrating. Then we got home and it got better, and then he started back to superkids and it got worse again. He was even having accidents during naptime, but he was awake! He just didn't want to tell his teacher. But he has gotten so consistent and hasn't had an accident in a while. What a relief. I am glad to be done with that challenging part of our journey through parenting (until we go through it with Ivy, but I have heard that some people don't take 6 months to potty train so fingers crossed with her).

Ezra also loves to choose his own clothes and is great about getting himself ready. He can put on his own underwear, pants, shirt, socks, shoes, and is pretty good about following directions (if I say he needs to get a long-sleeved shirt or pants because it's cold or whatever). He changes clothes multiple times a day and likes to put on pj's for naps. I think he got this idea from staying at granny's house. 

The other fun thing about this age is all the hilarious things that Ezra says. He mimics a lot, so if we are stern with him he say, "Excuse me? You don't get to talk to me that way." "Listen to me." "I'm getting hungry and I'm getting thirsty. I need somethin'." The cutest thing he says at this age is "ya" instead of "you." So he'll say "I got ya!" (he likes to "get" us) or "I see ya!". Sometimes he will say the sweetest things, but other times he just keeps it real. I thought he was being sweet the other night when I was putting him to bed and he said, "I like your kisses." What a sweet boy I have! No, he just can't say his L's. So he was really saying "I wipe your kisses." As in, wipes them off. Thanks kid. Speaking of loving to do things with his daddy, he said the sweetest thing when he and Chad had their first father/son backyard camping experience. They were laying in the tent with their heads hanging out, looking at the stars, and Ezra said something like, "See that star? That star is for you and me. It's our star." Just Chad telling me that made me cry!

I'm sure there are more funny things he says that I'll add later as I remember them, but I know they are more interesting to me than anyone else and I'll just be recording them so I can remember them later. But that's our little three-year-old in a nutshell.

2 comments:

davemaz said...

I really enjoyed this post. It's great to have your own stars.

Denise said...

Love all the posts, Lesley. Your photos are great.