Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ivy is 9 months old!

This photo describes Ivy exactly as she is right now...happy and into everything. And she's not even crawling yet! Trouble is coming our way. :)

I can't believe Ivy is 9 months old. She is so fun! She will smile at anyone who wants to talk to her, especially at the grocery store. She can also be very testy if you leave her sight (object permanence, anyone?) and loves loves loves to be held. She is definitely a mama's girl.

This girl loves to eat. She still nurses 3 or 4 times a day. She prefers table food over baby food but she will pretty much eat anything. She likes to feed herself cheese, bananas, peas, green beans, puffs, and anything I put in front of her. She puts everything in her mouth, as you can see from the photo. She is getting pretty good at drinking out of a cup. Hopefully she will be a pro by the time she turns one.

Sleeping is pretty good. Her routine is 2 or 3 naps a day and she is in bed between 6 and 7 pm. She wakes early, usually around 6. The routine is that I nurse her but then put her back to bed, and she'll sleep another hour or two depending on how loud Ezra is when he wakes up.

Ivy says "mama" on a regular basis. The first time I heard it she had woken up one morning and was crying. She heard me open her door and said "mama, mama" very distinctly. So "Mama" is officially her first word. She babbles a lot and of course it's super cute.

I think the word thing is the main development this month...I just read the 8 month post and she is still doing a lot of the same stuff. So talking and eating are the big developments this month.

Stay tuned...working on a post for Ezra, who continues to change and grow up before our eyes as well. Crazy how kids do that. 

1 comment:

davemaz said...

What a beautiful impish look in those eyes!