Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Transformation

Yesterday we finally said goodbye to the last sub-contractor and all the renovations are complete! We are so excited about all the changes to our home. We took lots of pictures so hopefully you can see all the transformations. It feels like we're living in a totally different house.
Exterior--before
Exterior--after paint and new windows
If you have never been to our house, this might be kind of confusing, but this is the toilet/shower area of the master bathroom before.
Master shower before.
Master bathroom vanity area. When you go through that door to the right, the tiny shower is immediately to the left, and the toilet is next to that.
Master shower/toilet area during construction. They completely busted out the shower and toilet and we re-configured the space to push the shower up against the wall with the window and put the toilet to the immediate left when you walk in the room. The shower is now a walk-in that is the length of the room.
Former shower area, now toilet area
That is the divider wall between the shower and toilet. The opening to the right is the shower walk-in.
Vanity area and closet during construction (that's the old toilet that is just sitting in the closet for some reason)
After! When you walk in now, the toilet is immediately to the left and what you see in front of you is the walk-in shower. We LOVE the way it turned out.
Standing at one end of the shower (window to my right). Corner seat to the left and 10-inch rain showerhead (Chad's pick).

Toilet area (I'm kind of standing in the shower opening to take the picture)
Close-up of the granite. This is in both bathrooms and the kitchen.
New vanity area.
BEFORE: Guest bathroom. White tile, dated everything.
Vanity & mirror before
Shower before.
Guest bathroom AFTER. I love how this room turned out! New floor tile & tile wainscoting where the paneling was, knocked down the dowels and re-textured/re-painted walls and ceiling, put tile all the way up to ceiling in shower, New fixtures. At first I thought the tile wainscoting was going to be too much tile, but I really really like it. And it is going to be super easy to clean. Last night I mopped the walls.
New vanity area. I scored the mirror at Kirkland's for $85...I just had max measurements and the mirror fit PERFECTLY within the tile corners of the backsplash and underneath the light fixture.
Inside of tub enclosure. Sidenote, we got some new decor for the bathroom, and I am in love with this shower curtain. I found some striped towels to go with the curtain which I made into hooded towels for Ezra and Ivy. You can see them hanging on hooks in the first picture.
Toilet area
Kitchen before...goodbye off-white formica counter and backsplash with country blue trim. I do not miss you.
The other kitchen counter
Old oven
After. New counters, sink and backsplash. Backsplash is a subway style tile called tumblestone. It's a natural stone as opposed to a ceramic or porcelain tile. Our contractor took me to one of the homes he built and it had this backsplash and I loved it right away.
Countertop w/ stove
New oven

We are enjoying all the changes and are very pleased with how everything turned out. Time to get everything cleaned up and put back in place and get our little girl's room ready...noticed I haven't posted a picture of it yet. It is probably the biggest mess in the entire house. Oh well, soon enough. 

4 comments:

Jana said...

WOW everything looks so good!! Great job on picking out everything. It is hard having to make all those choices. I bet you guys are glad to have that done before baby comes. Enjoy!

Denise said...

Looks great! Thanks for the pictures.

Denise said...

I also love the blue and green towels to match the shower curtain. And I love all the fixtures/shelves/etc that you picked out.

Unknown said...

I'm late on the commentary, but this is amazing! LOVE IT :)