Tuesday, August 16, 2011
More pictures of the summer
These pictures are in no particular order. I took this one day when this little cub was found underneath the nurse's porch during Bible class. He is in the back of the game warden's truck. The game warden started driving off and the cub jumped out and ran down to the playground where another cabin was having class. Wayland ran down and grabbed it by its hide and put it back in the truck.
Ezra with his buddy Jessica. She was such a help to me so many times during the summer and he adored her.
Ezra and Wayland the Bear Hunter/Skinner. They are also big buddies.
With Jessica the counselor.
With Candace.
Trying out the Rackleys' massage chair. Many of these pictures are courtesy Wayne Rackley.
This is a funny story. Jared and Britni got married during 2nd session and Wayland and Chad signed as witnesses on their marriage certificate. Then Britni filled out a part of the marriage certificate where you put in the bride and groom's names, but she thought that you were supposed to put the witnesses' names there. So Wayland and Chad were listed as bride and groom on their marriage certificate. Jennifer made them a cake and everything. Kandis and I were wondering if that made our marriages null and void.
Ezra occupies himself with sunflower seeds at the Brocks' wedding at Barillas lookout.
Ezra LOVED John Alan and Matt. Maybe it had something to do with their Toy Story outfits at one of the banquets. No, it probably had more to do with these guys showing him so much love and attention. For the first few weeks Ezra called John Alan "outside" because JA would always take him outside during meals and Ezra loved it. He finally got the hang of his name and now prays for John Alan and Matt on a regular basis.
Ezra loved trying on Wayland's hat.
This is the face Ezra put on for the first couple weeks of camp. He was skeptical of everything. I guess when he realized we weren't going anywhere he decided to lighten up.
Another one of Ezra and Jessica.
Love this sweet picture--thanks Wayne.
Um, I think he is hanging on to a deer antler? Hmmm.
I always mean to write stuff down or at least start blog drafts while we are at camp, but I never do. So then it gets to the end of the summer when we're all settled at home and I forget everything that I wanted to say. That happened this year again. It was a great summer. We knew better what we were doing and things were not so hectic. We enjoyed getting to know the permanent staff and the session staff. Many of those people have become like family to us. I especially enjoyed our college aged permanent staff and how sweet they were to Ezra. He just loved them, and they loved him too. What a blessing it is to have so many people that love your child. I am so thankful for the time we get to spend at camp and for the examples that these guys and girls are and will continue to be to my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great pictures.
I love you Lesley, and your family. That's all!
Great post. Thanks.
Post a Comment