We decided that we would try a few restaurants that Guy Fieri had visited on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." One place we had already been twice--Harry's Roadhouse. The other places we went to were Backroad Pizza and Tune-up cafe.
Backroad was the first place we hit when we got to Santa Fe. We just ordered some garlic cheese rolls w/ their homemade ranch dressing for an appetizer, and Chad let me pick the toppings for the pizza. So I picked fresh garlic, pineapple, red onion, and canadian bacon. We all agreed that it was delicious, and enjoyed garlic breath for the rest of the day.

The first two times we went to Harry's I got the lemon ricotta pancakes and a Hawaiian pizza (yes, I love canadian bacon and pineapple on my pizza). I had been eyeing this on the menu but hadn't been willing to be that adventurous, but I was glad I finally ordered it. It was really good.
Finally, we stopped at Tune-up cafe because Tecolote cafe is closed on Mondays or we would have gone there. We will head back there next summer. Tune-up was really good though. It was a tiny little place and we ate outside. Actually, we have eaten outside at all these restaurants. You can do that kind of thing in Santa Fe because the weather is so good. I got the stuffed french toast which Ezra shared with me, and Chad got this dish pictured below. It was polenta with some kind of chorizo/corn chili on top of it. I tried it and it was really good. Ezra liked his scrambled egg too.
2 comments:
All that stuff sounds so good.
Sounds pretty good to me right about now too!
Post a Comment