Saturday, January 29, 2011

February menu

Here's what we're eating in February. I've started weight watchers again (lost 3 pounds last week! Yay!), so most of these recipes are from the ww website and all are rated 5 stars. I think if you want the recipe, you can go to the ww website and look it up, even if you are not a member.

Buffalo chicken fingers
Chicken with balsamic honey glaze
Beef fajitas
Coconut shrimp
Pizza
Hamburgers
Spicy Asian-style pork
Cheesy chicken enchiladas
Shanghai chicken & noodles
Greek style pork loin
Ham w/ peach glaze
Rosemary beef tenderloin
Baked ziti
Cheesy chicken shells
Honey mustard pork chops (From the Our Best Bites blog)
Grilled steak
Egyptian-style pot roast
Moo shu chicken quesadillas
Indonesian-style mini meatballs
Moroccan meatball stew

Speaking of Weight Watchers, I highly recommend it. The new program is awesome. I hate the idea of being on a "diet" and Weight Watchers allows us to eat "normal" food, whatever that is, just making better choices, watching portions and cutting out a lot of the mindless snacking, plus I can eat all the fresh fruit I want without it counting toward my daily points. I also don't like the idea of having to eat something different from my family, so my goal is to cook meals that Chad and I can both eat, but he doesn't feel like HE'S on a diet. I cook a lot at home, but I can still eat out and just make good choices. So if anyone reading this blog would like to lose some weight but not really feel like you are sacrificing a whole lot, I think Weight Watchers is the way to go.

Happy February!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I made WW split pea soup and chicken with balsamic vinegar, sweet onions and thyme. The recipes are so much better than they used to be. Both these were really good.

Chrissy Cross said...

Come be my cook at my house after I have this baby. :)

davemaz said...

I appreciate the reviews. I'm a recipe fan, even if I don't like the idea of a diet.

heather byars said...

thank you for getting me started! as i have said before, i will be stealing your menus!! well, most of them anyway, matt is a bit picker than chad.