Saturday, January 15, 2011

18 months

Ezra's 18th month has been full of lots of ups and downs. It seems like our household has been sick for about 2 months straight, and everyone at different times. Ezra had a stomach bug and ear infection last month, and has been sick for about a week but is better now. I did find out yesterday that he has another ear infection. Oh well, that's life.

We went to the doctor for Ezra's 18 month checkup yesterday, and he is a whopping 22 1/2 pounds and 32 inches long. Skinny little guy. He is still growing at the same percentile that he has been, he just doesn't have any chubbiness on his body. It makes him really look like a little boy and not a baby anymore, although he never was a very chubby baby.

This month Ezra has really started to develop his little personality more and is picking up words. His favorite words these days are "no," "up" (as in, demanding to be picked up or put in his high chair to eat--recently he has started saying "up please" but only when prompted), "Pass" (pacifier), duck, dog, MOOOOO (when he sees a cow), "thank you" when he hands you something, "daddy," "side" for outside, "play," "ball," "bye" (he says this as soon as we get in the exam room at the doctor's office), and "two." When you ask him how old he is, he holds up one finger and says, "TWO!" I guess he is rounding up. He knows his name, and when you ask him, he will point to himself and say "Ez." he drops the last half of almost every two-syllable word he knows. Lately, he has been saying "Ma" for mama and "Bay" for baby. He can point to his body parts when you ask where they are and say some of them, like "eyes."

Ezra is really goofy, which he gets from his dad. He will play the music on his little toys and start bustin' a move. He might have got his dancing rhythm from me though, and that is not a brag. These days he also likes to pretend play more, like holding his cup up to our mouths and making a drinking noise, making a vroom sound with his toy cars, pretending to eat play food, etc. I mentioned that he says no a lot these days...he especially enjoys pointing his finger and saying "no" to his friends when he sees them being corrected by their own parents, or just when they are playing with something that he wants. Little bossy boy.

I really need to post some videos. I will do that when I get a little more time. I haven't even uploaded pictures from the last month, so I'll do that soon too. Just wanted to get my update down before I forgot everything.

No comments: