Ava and Ezra-cousinsWe had a great weekend! Ezra and I flew into Austin to go to my sister-in-law Emma's baby shower. Levi will make his presence known in a little over a month, and I am so excited that Ezra will have a cousin who is fairly close to him in age. We flew in on Thursday, and the flight went without a hitch. Going through security was quite a production because of all the stuff (stroller, carseat, carry-on, taking shoes off, testing the bottles to make sure I hadn't put explosives in them), but it went fairly smoothly. We flew out at 6:30 in the morning and Ezra was asleep before we even took off and slept the whole way. PLUS, the flights both there and back weren't full, so they let me take the carseat on the plane and that gave Ezra a place to sleep, because he is awful at falling asleep in my arms. Anyway, we landed in Austin, got our rental car, and were on our way! The first stop was breakfast at Magnolia Cafe with dad and Ginny. Then, I had a couple places to stop and shop while I was in the south Austin area, and then we were on our way to Georgetown to Shawn and Emma's house. Thursday night I got to have dinner at Chuy's with my friend Sara, and then Friday I went shopping pretty much all day. Ezra made it with me to REI and Target, but then I thought it would be good if he spent some quality time with his gramme while I went to the outlet mall. :) Saturday was Emma's shower, and the hostesses did a wonderful job. We flew back Saturday afternoon. The two pictures above are ones that Emma sent me because I did not bring my camera. I had to pack light, and packing light means not being able to take a large SLR with you. I might need to invest in a small camera to carry in my purse and take on trips. Anyway, I love that picture of Ezra and Ava. Ava adores Ezra and she is so sweet with him. She will make a wonderful big sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment