

Ezra won't be eight months old for another few days, but we will be out of town so I thought I'd blog about it before we leave.
At eight months, Ezra...
-is sleeping through the night (7 p.m.-7 a.m.) and takes 3 naps a day
-hates having his diaper changed because he wants to be flipping over, turning around and grabbing whatever is behind him on the changing table
-loves smiling at anyone who talks to him
-has learned how to walk around the house in his walker
-is sitting up on his own and loves just sitting and playing with his toys. Sometimes he still topples over, but he doesn't cry about it and just continues to play while he's on his belly. Also, the sitting up thing is great because now he can sit in a high chair and in a grocery cart on his own.
-eats about 4 times a day--milk, oatmeal/rice cereal, and baby food and a few cracker/snack type things
-has started making lots of consonant noises (d, b, m, etc...in case you forgot what a consonant was)
-acts like he wants to crawl when he's on his belly, but still hasn't figured out how to get up on all fours
-has officially moved up to the "big" carseat...no more infant carrier (Chad and I were about to get hernias carrying that thing around)
-still has just the two bottom teeth, but I can see a tooth on the top that is about to break through (maybe this explains the drool in the last picture)
I think that's about it...I'm sure there's more stuff, but when I actually sit down to record it, I can't think of it all. These past few weeks seem to have really been big milestones as far as Ezra realizing that he wants to be able to "do" stuff, so I don't think it will be long before he is crawling and just being more curious about everything. Next month we'll go back for his 9 month check-up, but my guess is they will say he is long and skinny. Happy 8 months!
5 comments:
I love ALL of these pictures...he already looks like he has changed a lot just from a few weeks ago. He is starting to look like a big boy! NOOOO!!!! What a sweet baby and even though life will be crazy when we see you again, I still can't wait to see him :)
I can't wait to see him this weekend! Maybe he'll be a little more OK with his crazy cousins.
Emma, you must have been up really late, or awake really early, because I think I posted this at close to midnight. And Erin, I think he'll enjoy the entertainment.
He's growing so fast. We can't wait till April 2.
I love the constant smile. He's a charmer.
Post a Comment