Saturday, February 13, 2010

My first race


At the finish line (Time: 42:20)Ready to get in the car and go.

I finished my first race today. There was a 14k, a 4 mile, and a relay. I did the 4 mile and ran a personal best time (in comparison to the pace I usually run just through the neighborhood). I was definitely toward the end of the pack, but I kept a steady pace, so I was proud of myself. Not to mention it was FREEZING and windy and the race started about 30 minutes late, so it took a while for my toes to unfreeze and to get warmed up.

I'm ready for the next one! Who wants to join me?

5 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I'm proud of you, but since nothing is chasing me, I probably won't be joining you.

Denise said...

Way to go, Lesley!!

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

Way to go, Les!! I'm impressed at your time! Now that Cheryl lives in Boston, I'm thinking of training for the Boston Marathon someday...wanna go for it together?!?

Steph said...

great job!!!!

davemaz said...

Good on you, girl! I'm proud of you.