I lost 4.4 pounds this week. And guess what? I am 1.2 pounds below what I weighed pre-pregnancy. That's a great feeling! Since I went into the hospital to have Ezra I have shed exactly 50 pounds. (Some of that was a 6 pound, 14 ounce baby of course :) It's true what "they" say, though: even if you lose all of your baby weight, your clothes still don't fit properly. So I am going to continue with my goal until all my pants fit well again. I will be so glad when I don't have to weigh in every week anymore.
So, this week I realized I was so close to my pre-pregnancy weight that I focused big-time on watching what I ate, and I worked out a lot. Obviously it paid off. Now if I can just keep it up for a few more weeks, I can lose the rest of the weight, and then it's on to the lifelong journey of maintaining that weight.
No recipes to report. I'm thinking about not posting recipes anymore. It takes a long time and I get the impression that nobody really cares that much, and that's fine. I might just start listing our weekly menu and y'all can type it into google if you're interested. So here's what we're having this week:
Southwest steak tacos (WW cookbook)
Chicken & herb dumplings (WW cookbook)
Chicken spaghetti, rosemary rolls (pioneer woman recipe), key lime pie (company coming over for dinner)
Cayenne oven-fried chicken and onion rings (WW cookbook)
Kung pao chicken & brown rice (WW cookbook)
Have a good week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an accomplishment! To be in maintenance mode is a great feeling...at least until baby #2 comes along :)
Haha! I know...I have pondered what I will do differently during pregnancy #2. I for sure will be more active, which I wasn't at all with Ezra, but let's be honest...I'll probably still just eat whatever I want, and worry about the weight later, just like I did this time. I don't regret it.
great job!!! i have made a few of your recipes. i'm sorry that i didn't tell you about it! i think it was taco soup and sweet potato fries (different meals). thanks! :)
Lesley, this is Cindy, Emily's friend, in Searcy. I was going to tell you that I have enjoyed reading your blog and I have fixed several of the recipes you posted. Your menu for this week sounds good and I thought I would get online and purchase a Weight Watchers cookbook, but there are several to choose from. Do you mind telling me which one you use? Also, congrats on losing all that weight. That is a hard thing to do.
Sure! The steak tacos, chicken and dumplings, and kung pao chicken are from the new Slow Cook It cookbook, and the Chicken drumsticks and onion rings are from the Hit the Spot cookbook. Both of these books are new to me, so I don't know if they're any good.
I guess since I know now that some people are finding the recipes useful, I will keep posting the ones I think are really good, but not waste my time with the mediocre and/or time-consuming ones. I am ALWAYS looking for new recipe ideas, so I'm happy to give ideas to other people too. :)
What an accomplishment. You're an inspiration.
On another note, my family really likes that cayenne oven-fried chicken w/ panko. I leave out the cayenne so as to not hear "It spices my tongue!". But I figure any recipe that everyone in my family likes is a winner. Maybe it's the buttermilk. I don't know.
Good to know...I already have some regular panko crumbs, and I couldn't find whole wheat anyway. Erin, what do you use for that recipe? I hope Chad doesn't say "It spices my tongue." I might have to take away his man card.
This IS inspirational - but I like the recipes, too, and if I can get YOU to do the work, so much the better! And I suspect, with Ezra there, being more active during the second pregnancy will not be such an option!
But dad, do you actually cook any of the recipes?
Way to go, Lesley! I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration once I have baby #2!!
way to finish strong! awesome! Sorry I don't comment on the recipes. The only things that sound good to me are cereal, icecream, coke and water. Yeah, real healthy.
Way to go! I had to buy new clothes after my first baby, my body just changed shape, and what is crazy, my feet have grown too, so I have had to buy new shoes!!!!
Do you mean what do I use as a seasoning? Nothing, just salt and pepper. Although, we get chicken breasts from Becky, and I think they're better tasting than the ones you get at the store. Probably all sorts of chemicals and artificial flavors injected into them. Yum. But you can't beat free.
No, I meant do you use regular panko or whole wheat panko.
I just use regular. They don't stock whole wheat panko at the Weatherford Walmart.
Way to go Lesley! That is great. I have a long road ahead of me. I am jealous of you but you worked hard! Way to go.
Good job Lesley. You should be proud of yourself
can you bottle your discipline and sell it? i could definitely use some of that after audrey gets here!! way to go!!
Post a Comment