He knows how to tell time now.Ezra isn't 7 months old for another few days, but I had some time so I thought I'd go ahead and blog about it.
At 7 months, Ezra is...
-Sitting up on his own, mostly. After a couple minutes (or less), he topples over to either side, but he can keep up his balance if he tips forward or backward. We still always sit behind him and spot him when he's sitting up. He is not at all interested in trying to crawl yet.
-Eating all the "first food" purees, and some mashed up avocado, puffs, yogurt melts, crackers, etc. We have moved on to the second foods. He doesn't like banana mashed up or pureed, but he will eat little bits pinched off from a real banana. He will eat any of this stuff even after he has stopped drinking his bottle.
-Sleeping great most of the time. He wakes up around 7:30 in the morning, takes around 3 naps a day, and is in bed by 7 p.m. He still wakes up every few nights hungry if he hasn't eaten enough that day. He is a lot better about being flexible during the day if he needs to be awake for longer than usual (Sunday mornings at church, for example). We still put him to bed awake and he falls asleep on his own. His favorite sleeping position is on his side, and when he is really tired, we will lay him in his crib and he'll roll right over to his side and go to sleep. It is soooo cute.
-Getting much better at his fine motor skills. Just a month and a half ago, at night, he would pull his pacifier out when he was going to sleep and just cry and cry and not be able to put it back in his mouth (and wasn't even aware he had been the one to pull it out). Now, he can find his pacifier in his carseat/crib/wherever it is within reach, turn it around and place it in his mouth.
-Still just has two teeth. We think he might be getting more soon, judging from his whininess lately, all the drool, and his desire to stick his entire hand in his mouth. All that might just be because he's a 7 month old baby, though.
-An easy baby. He really is so good. When I take him out to the grocery store or shopping, he will smile at anyone who stops to talk to him. Our friends the Parrishes watched him for a few hours when I ran my last race and afterwards so I could run some errands and when I picked him up, Toni said, "You are so lucky." And it's true. He is a very sweet, smiley, easy-going baby. I hope that this personality trait will continue through his life.
It's been 7 months now, and it has gone so fast. I know that his first birthday is just around the corner. I think since we've hit the "over-six-months" mark, it seems to be flying by. We love our little boy and the joy he brings to us every day.
3 comments:
Such a big boy...the next couple of months will be lots of fun as he discovers and adapts to his new found mobility! Our boys are growing up too fast~
I love it when they can put their own paci in their mouth, such a little thing, but such a big help
I loved it when Abbye learned how to take care of her own paci! Awesome! Ezra is doing great - so cute!
Post a Comment