So I haven't blogged about my weight loss in a while, probably because I haven't been as diligent about weighing myself (or trying to lose weight for that matter), plus there was Thanksgiving, etc. etc. Anyway, since the last time I updated, I've lost another 1.4 pounds. My goal is to at least stay the same through the holidays. I am still exercising, but since it has gotten cold, I've slowed down a bit. I even went running on Thanksgiving at my mom's house, so I was pretty proud of myself about that.
It's hard to remember what recipes I've made because I haven't cooked much lately. A couple weeks ago I saw Paula Deen make a Bacon, cheddar and apple grilled sandwich, and it was about to be lunch time, so I used her idea and made those for lunch and they were really good. I didn't make the roasted onion mayo that she did but I bet that would be good too. A couple days ago I made Pecan Chicken a la King, minus the pimientos and with onions in place of the celery. Again, just to use up stuff I had around the kitchen. It turned out really good even though I had to serve it over pasta instead of rice because that is what we had. I haven't cooked much else between Thanksgiving and having Emily's family at our house when our menu consisted pretty much of hot dogs and chicken nuggets. Tonight I will be making this (I have a lot of pecans and chicken right now). Sometime this weekend I will make beef stew and cornbread. I never use a recipe for beef stew so it comes out different every time, but it's hard to mess up.
Stay warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
way to go on losing the weight! You'll have to encourage me in a few months!
Post a Comment