I feel the need to blog about this because my blog is my way of "scrapbooking" and keeping an accurate record of everything, so here it is...for the past 5 nights, Ezra has been sleeping an average of 9-11 hours a night! It has been awesome. I wish I could say that it just happened, but let's just say it has required a little bit of "training" on our part. I'm speaking in euphemisms for my mom's sake. Once I finally knew that he was for sure getting enough to eat, and he was mostly waking out of habit at night, coupled with my complete exhaustion, I decided that enough was enough and that we all needed to start getting more sleep around here. Anyway, I think we are well on our way to him sleeping completely through the night on a regular basis (he slept once for 11 straight hours without a peep, and the other nights were 9 or 10 straight hours, waking up at 4 or 5 in the morning if you can call it morning, and then going back to sleep until 7 or 8). There have been a couple nights that I think he would have gone back to sleep more easily except he has started flipping over to his belly and then getting upset because he can't flip himself back over--one morning I went in and he was asleep on his belly. I don't want to jinx this whole thing, but I did want to keep a record of it. Of course I still feel exhausted most mornings, but I think that has to do with the over 4 months that I was waking up multiple times a night. I think the total time I was awake during Ezra's first four months of life equals about 10 full days of being awake. So it'll take a while to feel normal again. The working out is helping.
So, that's our big news for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea Ezra! I am sure you will feel better soon!
yea for sleep! it is so hard sometimes to not go check or get them!! i hope the sleep continues for years to come, then maybe you can finally catch up!
I have to say it really helped that we have a video monitor. That way I could watch him the whole time and know that his legs weren't tangled in the crib slats or something. :)
Post a Comment