Thursday, May 28, 2009

So long, farewell

Well, I made it. I am officially not a teacher anymore. It has been a great year and I have had a wonderful experience during my two years at Coronado. I will miss certain aspects of my job, like the students, but students come and go so they would leave eventually anyway if they weren't already graduating this year. I will really miss a few of my co-workers, especially my across-the-hall neighbor, Cecilee, who became a good friend and my daily lunch buddy. She was even the first person I told (after Chad) that I was pregnant. So it goes without saying that I will think back about my relatively short time here with mostly positive memories (except for this. Oh, and this. And a few other things that I chose not to blog about because of the very public nature of blogs). Now, it's time for the next thing.

Speaking of the next thing...I have been pondering my new profession a lot lately, thinking about how I will be using my time differently and what my new purpose will be. Obviously, my main job will be to make sure our child stays fed and dressed and loved, but what else is involved in my new job description? Well, one thing that I have started focusing a lot on lately is how we will be spending our money. We've had a few good months as DINKs (that's Double Income No Kids to you acronymally-challenged), but now we're about to be SIKs (I reeeeeally wanted to think of something that started with "C," so it could spell a word, but anyway, I've already wasted too much time on this AND I took out the "W" cause that wouldn't work). Enter the new Montandon family budget! We've budgeted before, but it's always been more of a self-imposed thing, since both of us have usually had some source of income. So, June starts our first month on our new, much more limiting, budget. I also subscribed to the Sunday paper so I can start clipping coupons. And for those of you who like to make suggestions and give advice, please feel free to leave comments about what else has helped you save money. Other things that will be higher on my priority list when I am a stay-at-home mom are being better about cooking at home and doing weekly menus and keeping the house clean (Chad keeps saying that he is waiting for my "nesting instinct" to kick in because our house is a mess). I also plan to spend much less time on the computer and more time studying my Bible. I have been thinking a lot lately about how much time I spend on the computer and what a waste it is, and I know it will only become worse if I don't make a conscious effort to minimize my computer time. So, there you have it.

Still reading, not wordy enough for you yet? Well, in baby news, I am 32 weeks today and I start my "every two weeks" dr. appointments tomorrow. My church friends are throwing a baby shower for me next Saturday, so that will be fun to ooh and ahh at all the cute little baby things. It seems like the closer we get to a due date the further we get from a name we both love. So, that's all the news on that.

I guess that's it! Time to go home and take a nap.

2 comments:

davemaz said...

Easy suggestion - if you're doing coupons. I've heard there are several web sites that run coupons on a weekly basis. I think your sister is a master at getting double coupons and extra savings - I'm always in awe. And I loved reading about the yearbooks again - y'all amaze me.

Lesley said...

I don't know of a place in Lubbock that doubles or triples coupons. Also, I have an inkjet printer, so have to factor in the cost of ink with saving a few cents here or there. That's my issue with online coupon places.