Thursday, May 21, 2009

31 weeks and ultrasound pictures

Today marks the end of my 31st week, so it's time for more pictures. Also, we went for another ultrasound today (probably the last) and they said everything looked good, and it's still a boy. The baby weighs approximately 3 lbs. right now, which according to them is in the 26th percentire. He was being a little uncooperative about showing us his face, but we got a couple of okay pictures. He is breech right now but just a couple weeks ago at the dr. he was in the head-down position, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens when the time comes. He has a few more weeks to swim around in there.
We did the 3-d ultrasound just because I asked the lady if we could, and it was pretty cool. The first one is of his TOTALLY ADORABLE little foot. Seriously, baby's feet might be the cutest thing ever. And I might be mistaken, but he MAY have his mom's long 2nd toe. Ahh, the legacy lives on. The second and third are of his totally adorable face with his forearm and hand covering up his mouth and chin. Anyone want to start speculating as to who he looks like? And finally, me at 31 weeks.

It's a huge blessing to know that everything is as it should be as far as our child's health and my health are concerned, and I know it has everything to do with God's grace and him taking care of us, and the many prayers being offered up for us. I am so thankful and humbled to think about the many blessings in our lives.

That's it for now.

5 comments:

The Montandon's said...

How wonderful. You think you are blessed? Just wait until you are grandparents.

erin said...

Are his feet next to his head in the first picture? Those pictures are great. I can't wait to hold him!

Lesley said...

Yes! He is folded in half, bottom down. He's a flexible little booger. I can't wait to hold him either. :)

Hollie said...

It's always nice to have that added confirmation of the sex...just in case! Can't believe you guys are already 31 weeks along...enjoy every second of it- your third trimester will fly by.

davemaz said...

Wow! It's amazing that the foot looks so mature - and I think you are right about the Blessing of the Second Toe. Couldn't see his face clearly, but looked like you could call him "Li'l Chad" pretty easily. It's going to be great to see him. Hope he feels the same.