Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Still alive and a cabin update

We are back from San Antonio, and the trip went well. It seemed like the kids had fun, no one got in trouble, and maybe we all learned a thing or two that we didn't know before about something journalism-related.

For those of you who are still keeping up with cabin progress, the drywall is taped, bedded, and textured! Cabinets are being installed, along with countertops, sinks, etc. The place is almost liveable, as long as you don't mind walking around on a 3/4" wood subfloor until we scrounge up enough funds to put in some flooring. Personally, I think wood floors are the way to go. Maybe we will just leave it that way. Our builder also finished the staining of the log siding and he said it is "bold." I don't know what that means. I am scared. He said it looks good, definitely like a cabin in the woods.

So the plumber and electrician have their finishing touches to come do, and we are assuming they'll do that quick since they probably want the rest of their money. We are really going to try and make it out there for a weekend after all this is done just to see the place one more time.

That's it for now.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wonder what "bold" means????

Lesley said...

I don't know. I'm scared. It looked really good on the little square on my computer screen when we picked it out!

davemaz said...

Hmmm - maybe a stain on the wood with wild berries, complemented by rubbing linseed oil into the stain. Or berberry 1X1 ft stick-down carpet.