This first one is our water heater. We decided to do a tankless water heater, which we are hoping saves electricity and water, is less likely to leak, and saves space in the closet. Now, we can use this closet for some extra storage instead of the whole thing being taken up by the water heater.
Our deck is great. I'm afraid right now though, the cabin is not usable for people with small children, because you can see how high it is off the ground. Hopefully our builder will build some stairs and a railing before he's finished with the place.
Another view of the outside of the house. I'm pretty sure I've already posted a picture like this. We still need to stain and seal the siding.
Here's a photo of the inside with the insulation in and the drywall being put up. The drywallers were there on Saturday when we showed up to look at the cabin. There were four of them, and this is what they got done in 6 hours. We thought they could have done more, but no use complaining about it. I'm just glad they finally showed up after the drywall had been delivered to the site for over a week.
Look how artsy I am, with my crooked picture.

That's it for now. The cabinets are sitting outside on the deck, covered up, waiting to be installed. We are on the downhill stretch. I imagine when it's all done, we will be making one last trip to camp to check out the finished product. Stay tuned!
6 comments:
Actually, I do want to see more pictures of your cabin--unfinished or otherwise.
I'll bet you wish you'd put that money in the stock market!! It looks great - we can't wait to go see the finished (or semi-finished) product.
Yes, that's exactly what I wish.
wow this looks amazing I can't wait to see it in person thanks for the pictures its been cool to watch (literally) you all build it!!!
Hope all is going well with you two. The cabin is looking good. Looks like all you lack is just finishing it up.
Lesley, I am so excited about your cabin! We spent an awesome week in the canyon last June--wish we had known to look for your cabin site. I also wish we could bottle some of the cool NM mountain air for days like today when we are roasting in sub-Saharan heat. By the way, you and Chad are welcome to celebrate your fifth anniversary here!
Linda
Post a Comment