So, Chad and I are coming up on our 5 year anniversary. Yes, it really has been that long. We have started to discuss what we will do for this anniversary. True, we just went to Hawaii 3 months ago, which I guess could count, but we would like to do something else specifically for the occasion. I had always wanted to revisit where we went on our honeymoon, but after much thought and discussion, and a near-death experience while trying to leave the honeymoon site after being snowed in during a mid-January snowstorm, we are reconsidering where we would like to go. So, what are your thoughts? Places you've been that are just awesome that you think we need to go? Here's what we're thinking:
1. Somewhere we've never been before, maybe warm and beachy. We're thinking somewhere in Mexico. A really fun city would be good too, but I would prefer to leave wintery weather out of the equation. In other words, nowhere like Chicago where a bad snowstorm could cancel our travel plans.
2. Somewhere that would be fairly easy to get to, and not too expensive as far as flights go.
3. A place where we could get one of those all-inclusive hotel deals, with meals and accommodations.
So, any thoughts? Places you've been that you'd love to go back? Places to definitely avoid? We would like to be there on our actual anniversary (January 3), but spring break is also an option, so I'd really like to avoid places like Cancun during that time.
Forum is open for discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How 'bout S. Padre? You could maybe get a good deal on Southwest.
I've heard good things about Kingston, Jamaica, and the Turks and Caicos. Better if you have a snorkel and some fins (on T&C - don't know about diving or snorkeling around Jamaica).
Another place I think would be great (but not at that time of year) would be Quebec City. Beaches aren't much, though, I hear.
Given the wonderfull time we had in Hawaii, I think you both would like Cancun. We love it. We own at the Mayan Palaces. They are not inclusive, but very, very nice. They have plenty of all inclusive places. Daryle amd Amy stayed at one I think it's the Americano and I think Emily and Joey stayed at the Moon Palaces. We are taking Cindy with us in November and will be staying at the Mayan Palace Riviera. But got to go to Cabos San Lucas first in Oct. Never been there. We are looking forward to a little get away.
Love you guys,
Carolyn and Dad
wow I cannot believe it has been 5 years!!!!
left you a message on facebook... but tyson and i did ours through funjet vacations... we got a really good deal.
Post a Comment