Those of you who read about Chad and Lesley's adventures (as unadventurous as we may be) on a regular basis might notice over the next couple of months that the blog won't have as many entries on it. This is mainly due to the fact that I am a yearbook teacher, and out of the 5 deadlines we have during the year, four of them are in January, February and March, all before Spring Break. Sometimes I feel like an accountant that's really busy during a short time of the year and significantly less busy during other times of the year, but anyway, if you don't hear from me much before March, that's why.
I just got back from another UIL trip yesterday, in Flower Mound. It was a long trip home, stopping multiple times to repair and/or fill the other bus with more antifreeze. I was just glad it didn't break down completely, and we didn't have to fit all the mathletes on our bus. This weekend we are hosting a UIL tournament at my school, and I am in charge of all four journalism events. Since I've never done this before, I'm trying to be overly organized (is there really such a thing) and color-code everything, line up a few judges ahead of time, and make sure I have all my copies done way in advance. I'm sure it will be fine, and worrying about it would be breaking my New Year's resolution, so I'm not going to. I'm just sorry I have to give up this Saturday, because this is the weekend Chad is going to Brownwood to speak at the Heart of Texas Youth Retreat. Keep him in your prayers as he travels there and back, and as he speaks to the youth there. He will have 5 lessons total.
Also, in the next couple of weeks, Chad will be taking his Nursing 3 & 4 tests, with only 3 left to go after that. I'm so proud of him for studying so hard and being so disciplined. He would probably say he's not really being so disciplined, but it's all getting done somehow. And, he had the time to make a lemon meringue pie this weekend when I was gone. I was impressed, but I always knew he is quite the renaissance man.
Anyway, like I said, I probably won't blog much in the next couple months, but that's okay because we're pretty boring. If you're not already subscribed to something like bloglines, you should because that would keep you from checking the blog everyday only to see that nothing new has been added. But, if anything exciting does happen in our lives, y'all will be the first to know. Hope everyone has a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't take too much time off from blogging.
Hey! I didn't know you were a teacher! I teach in Flower Mound! Thanks for the blog comment. It seriously feels like every time I turn around, someone is pregnant!
Your blog is cute! It seem like you guys are doing well!
We'll have to share all of our LOST theories!
Post a Comment