Quick update. It's been a busy week and it will be a busy weekend as well. But, I am feeling a little deprived of blogging, so I decided to take a few minutes to feel like I am actually communicating with people. So a lot of you found out today that my sister is expecting another baby, and since she published it on the world wide web, I figured it would be okay to discuss on my blog as well. I'm really excited. Keep those nieces and nephews coming, family. They're lots of fun.
Also, I pulled a Josh today and made a complete fool of myself in front of the entire student body. You see, there are two mascots at school, and I have one in my yearbook class and one in my Journalism I class. So, they asked me to be a part of the pep rally today. Wanting to be a good sport, I said yes. So I had to do this stupid obstacle course thing with two other girl teachers that involved me jumping rope for 10 seconds at the half court line. It was a battle of the sexes pep rally, and the girls won. I mean, the guys didn't really try, but still I was glad that we won and also glad that the mascots didn't make me hula hoop. I'm actually pretty good at jumping rope. Anyway, a lot of my students were taking pictures at the pep rally today so if they got any of that I'll be sure to post it. I'm sure y'all will get a kick out of it.
Tomorrow is the dreaded UIL meet at the school. I'll be up at the crack of dawn to get my events ready, and I will be coordinating my four events all day (making sure I have proctors, judges, etc.). Just thinking about it makes me want a nap, which I will be sure to take tomorrow afternoon.
Chad's in Brownwood. Pray that his retreat goes well and that his trip is safe, along with the other people traveling to and from there.
We are going to Hawaii this summer. I can't wait.
That's all for now, folks. I'm actually having some girls from church over to the house tonight so I better straighten everything up. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad that you were a good sport. That just makes you that much cooler to the kids. What a fun teacher you are.
I hope that you had fun with the girls last night and that all is going well today with the UIL meet.
HAWAII!!!???
"I pulled a Josh, and made a complete fool of myself . . . . " I agree with Emily - I'd have loved a teacher that had such a good sense of humor. However, having me as a student may have precluded that.
But when you said "I pulled a Josh" I was thinking of something much grander and infinitely more humiliating!
Post a Comment