Friday, November 02, 2007

It's a small world after all

I went to the mall tonight. I was there for maybe an hour and a half. I was wearing my Blue Haven sweatshirt (pretty much the only thing I wear when it starts to get cool outside). Here are the comments I heard from three different people.

1. Random lady walking in the mall: "I went to Blue Haven!!!!!"
2. Girl at Bath Junkie: "When did you go to Blue Haven? My youth intern was a counselor there this summer." (I knew her, and we had actually camped at the same session back in the day)
3. Girl at Wicks 'n' Sticks: "When did you go to Blue Haven? Do you know ______?" (I did.) "I sang in a group with him at LCU." Me: "Oh, do you know [different person than the one she asked me about]?" (She did.)

So I guess anytime I want to play Two Degrees of Separation I should wear my Blue Haven gear. Luckily I have a lot of it.

5 comments:

The Montandon's said...

That is neat. It IS a small world. Hope to see you within a couple of weeks, maybe around the 12th.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey I was hoping to link back to my blog on yours and I'm not linked what is up with that???
just kidding I took some time to catch up on yall sounds like you are moved in and already settled. I love the house I'll have to call you next time i'm there is your number the same? also I met somebody that works at your school can't remember exactly what she does but her daughter is in school with me in Abilene; talk about a small world its like CBH all over again!!!!

Lesley said...

Sorry Rebekah, I thought I did have you linked. Yes, I know the lady you're talking about. She works in the counseling office and when she said she met someone who knew me at Abilene named Rebekah I knew exactly who she was talking about. She is a sweet lady.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey bug extermination does no good believe me the pest man has sprayed and they are giving up its all around town and I have these bottles of spray I spray daily that at least kill them so we don't have them jumping on us; its getting a little better we need a hard freeze but get 80 degree weather!!! Charlie Parrish huh? I'll keep that in mind if I move to Lubbock.

Lisa said...

Random - I was just talking yesterday with a girl in our youth group (Alleigh Bennett...Chad knows her) about this same thing. She joined the art club at school and when the teacher walked in for the meeting he was wearing a Blue Haven necklace...I told her to ask him if he knew you guys.