Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Halloween
Okay, one more post and then I gotta leave for church. I need your help thinking of creative, inexpensive Halloween costume ideas for a Halloween party. I'd like to do something where Chad and I coordinate (and nothing paramedic, that's boring). I thought Chad would make a good Pee Wee Herman, but I can't think of a costume for me to coordinate with that. Any ideas would be helpful. And I already got rid of the '80s dress I wore last Halloween (was that already a year ago?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hmmm...what about Mork and Mindy?
Dog the Bounty Hunter! Chad would need a fake beard, and a mullet wig, but you could come up with that. Lesley, you would need something to make a huge chest. Dog's wife has like balloons for busom. That would make for a great costume!
I'm not sure I could pull off Mindy. She had dark hair and bangs. Chad would need his old hair back, circa summer of 2002. I'll research Dog the Bounty Hunter further. Would I need to paint my skin an orangish hue for a bad tan? Orange skin...free association...Oompa Loompa and Violet Beauregard as the big blueberry!
If Chad were Pee Wee you could be Large Marge. Not sure how you would pull that one off. I will try to think on this one.
Ya'll are cracking me up...here's real simple. Get two pig snout face mask thingys...I think you can get them at toy stores, but surely halloween stores right now. Anyway put those on, then wrap yourselves together in a big blanket and go as pigs in a blanket. Somehow I can't really see Chad doing that one...too cheesy for him. p.s. Josh, don't think they make plain ol' balloons that big, you'd have to special order.
Thing One and Thing Two? Okay, that might be a little hard, but here's something else. One time the preacher and his wife in Illinois dressed in big cardboard boxes that were some kind of items that went together. I can't remember what, but it was something like cereal and milk or soup and crackers or something like that. But the really cool thing was that they walked into the party and didn't say anything for a long time. They just stood together next to the wall and made people try to guess who they were. Anyway, it was pretty interesting.
Well, what's the decision about the Halloween costume?
OK, here's another channel. How about two of the Fruit-of-the-Loom Fruits? And you could make up soma really melodic ballad about underwear. For grapes, think purple balloons pinned (by the "stem?") to your clothes, matching leotards and tights, with a little purple skull-cap, or brown for the stem. Or Robin and Little John. Batman and Robin (different Robin). Lone Ranger and Tonto (politically incorrect?). ANYTHING FROM GRAMMAR GIRL? Semi-colon vs colon? (not the anatomical colon!). As every, Your Loving Father
Ya know, if you wanted to do something really SCARY, go as an English teacher!
Turns out the party is actually on the weekend that I'll be in San Antonio for the journalism trip. Thanks anyway for all the ideas. I guess Chad will have to go by himself, probably as a paramedic.
Post a Comment