Friday, September 07, 2007

This blog post has no main idea


This is a sneak preview of our bathroom and why you will be so impressed when Chad finishes with it, which will be this weekend. It already looks really good!






This is proof that I actually have a job. I always thought it would be cool to have a sign on my door with my name on it...like I would finally be a legit teacher, and that's what they did for me. I guess they figure they'll keep me around for a while.




One thing I like about teaching in Texas is that I have lots of students that say "Yes ma'am" and they're not being sarcastic. I've also discovered that I like teaching journalism because I don't really have to teach students how to be creative, which I'm not sure can be taught. I was always a little scared that I would be assigned to teach a creative writing class. I've also discovered in the two weeks I've been teaching Journalism full-time that I have been out of college long enough that I've forgotten a lot of things about the subject that I majored in, and I am having to study pretty much every day. That's okay though, because that keeps it from getting boring. Well, that's enough ramblings about my new teaching job. I'll be getting my brand-new laptop in a little over a week! Yippee!

Another thing I think about a lot lately is Sonic. I drive by two Sonics twice a day, so that's four Sonic drive-bys. The reason I have thought about Sonice lately is because they claim to be the ultimate drink stop. Here is something that is going to blow your mind: why is Sonic the ultimate drink stop? It's because they have good little ice chunks, styrofoam cups and flavored syrup. It seems no other fast food places have shown a desire to infiltrate Sonic's cornered market up to this point. I think I have an idea here. Buy some syrup and change your ice machine, and people will soon be driving through to get their drink from you instead of having to wait at a drive-in.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for pictures of the newly remodeled bathrooms.

3 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I'm very anxious to see the end results of Chad's craftsmanship.
"Mrs. Montandon" nameplate looks very legit and important. I'm glad you are enjoying your Journalism class.
Yes Ma'am it is good to be in TEXAS.
Paul

emma said...

Loved the post. Loved the tease pic...very interested to see what he does...if he does tile good...he is golden! So excited for your teaching situation. There is nothing better than loving your job. Maybe you and me should start a rival drive thru to sonic and get us an ice machine and some syrup....barbara alone would help keep us in business! :)

erin said...

I'll say this: McDonald's has tried to copy-cat Sonic in a very lame way. I had the bad judgement to order a diet cherry sprite at McDonald's (my Sonic drink is a diet cherry limeade) and it tasted like COUGH SYRUP. Sonic is the ultimate drink stop because they have everything and it's usually good. What tastes better on a humid, hot Texas day than a Route 44 of your choice? Thanks for pointing to a truly interesting and important discussion.