It has been a very eventful weekend. Friday when I got home from work, Barbara and Louise had already been in town for about an hour. Friday evening we went to eat at a yummy burger place here in town. Saturday Louise wanted to show me how to make her caramel pie recipe, only we didn't have all the ingredients needed, so I went to the grocery store. I guess Louise wanted to get started to make sure the pies had cooled in time for dinner so she had already started making the pies by the time I got back from the store. She was well into making the first pie, but I was there when she made the second one so now I'm a caramel pie expert, and Barbara I'll make one for you any time. :) Then, Saturday afternoon I got on this "I want my house to start looking like my house" kick, and I went shopping at all those places that you can only truly enjoy when you are by yourself and don't have a husband or kids with you. You know...Stein Mart, TJ Maxx, the fabric store, etc. I was on the lookout for bedding and bathroom linens because that way I could figure out a color scheme for each of the bedrooms...I've been holding off on painting and doing curtains because of that. Well, TJ Maxx was having a clearance and boy did I clear them out. Not really, but I bought bedding for two of the beds in our house and new towels for the guest bathroom, which will have the same blue on the walls as our piano room does and everything else will be white. I got so excited because I'm not a fan of most bedding I find, or it is way too expensive. So now all that's left to do in the bedrooms is paint, and completely change the floors but that's for another day and another paycheck. Anyway, I got off on a tangent...back to Saturday. I went to the fabric store to look at fabric for curtains for the kitchen and bathroom but realized it was time for me to come home and start working on dinner, because we were having Lynn, Celia and Margie over. Thanks for the dining table mom, we had room to spare! Anyway, I had this bright idea to try a new lasagna recipe while I had all this company at my house. I should know better than to do that, because Murphy's law dictates that if you don't do a trial run of a new recipe before serving it to guests, it's bound to be bad. But in this case, it worked out fine and the lasagna was good. In fact, I made two of them, so we've been eating lasagna leftovers for the past two days. Sunday we went to church and rested in the afternoon. This morning Barbara and Louise left pretty early, taking the dresser Chad has used for the past couple years with them. Chad's family plays musical dressers like my family plays musical beds. Today I have been in the guest bathroom stripping the totally sweet mauve wallpaper off the walls, which I still have not finished. It will take me all day. I'll spare you the "during" pictures and post when we are finished with our updates. Don't hold your breath though.
Whew! That was a lengthy update. Secretly I'm just avoiding stepping into that bathroom again, getting nasty wallpaper glue all over myself. Yuck. That's all for now I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
C'mon, my kids TOTALLY love TJMaxx. It's only 2nd to Hobby Lobby.
Oh yeah, I forgot I went to Hobby Lobby too. I think Chad is STILL secretly thanking me for not dragging him along...but maybe that gratefulness is canceled out by the 2 hours we just spent at Home Depot looking at paint swatches for 3 bedrooms and one bathroom.
Love those back racks in discount stores. I have an excuse to look for fabric again now, because I am going to start piecing a quilt.
Oh the joy of redecorating...okay not really joy...but there is a tiny twing of enjoyment...but mostly pain.
I totally don't like taking my children into public shopping when I actually have to get things accomplished. Of course we don't really have anywhere to shop in Searcy so it really does not matter. Who cares about Wal-Mart. I am glad that you had some time to shop alone. That is a blessed event for me. You don't have to feel rushed.
I'm with you Emily...I would rather wait until 10 at night to do grocery shopping and miss some sleep than take the girls with me. I can't concentrate on what is needed and keep them together! Thankgoodness for Shawn being willing to take them for me while I do some shopping. :)
Post a Comment