Hey everyone. I have been making a lot of life changes lately and have begun to put some of my convictions into action. Soooooo here is some stuff I think everyone will be interested in. I am writing a research paper on how the current dismal state of America's physical, mental, and social health is, in large part, due to our growing disconnect with nature. Naturally our kids are feeling the brunt of all this because they are subject to a much chasm between mature and their culture than we were. This is one of the big reasons why I have become an adventure educator, and much of my knowledge on this topic comes from reading Last Child in the Woods : Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv. Anyone who has kids or works with kids should read this book! You will love it! (for some reason I think Joey will especially like it) If you have a great library system like we do then you can check it out. If not, then it is worth every penny that you will spend on it. Here are some other cool resources:
www.cnaturenet.org
www.playingforkeeps.org
www.playingforkeeps.org/site/documents/statistics.pdf
Also I would like for everyone to continue to pray for my future in Adventure Education. I have gotten approval for my senior project to be the drafting of a business plan for a nonprofit AE program. I will then use this plan for a proposal to the Blue Haven board of directors for the establishment of this program under the umbrella of CBH. I you know of any waelthy benefactors that would like to pay me >$35,000 a years to do this then PLEASE let me know!
On another note, there is a great burgeoning program at Prescott College called the Centaur Leadership program. It train people to use horses for therapy to just about any population of people you can think of. It is really great work and has been started by one of my favorite instructors here. I am mentioning this because they now have a fund-raising program that everybody can help out with. If you go to this link www.prescott.edu/cls and click on the Amazon.com link then they will get 5% or more of the money you spend. It is an esy way to help a good program.
I have officially stepped off of my soapbox.
P.S. Anything that is underlined is linked to an internet site. I'm so tech savvy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go Chad on posting on the blog. I hope all goes well with your senior project.
Son, I'm impessed with your technical expertise. You've come a long way to be a blogger. However, I think that your sppeling needs a littel wrk.
Love Dad
Chad shops at Target, so I think it's okay. He'll have to answer that question for you though.
Erin, please feel free to comment on my blog. You don't have to just comment on Lesley because she is your sister. We too will accept you with open arms.
Sometimes I feel like a walmart employee after reading chad's last sentence.
emma
Post a Comment