Friday, August 18, 2006
In the club
Something interesting has been happening since we bought our Element. Everytime we pass another one, they wave at us as if we are now in a secret society. We wave and smile at each other as if to say, "You're driving a big bright box? I'M driving a big bright box!" The other day I stopped at a 4-way stop sign at the same exact time as another red-orange Element, same year and everything. He smiled so big and waved, I think it made his day. Anyway, just another reason I'm glad we bought the Element, so I can be a part of this weird subculture...Civic drivers are soooo unfriendly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, your site is getting better each time I visit. I didn't know we could advertise.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Glad I caught it today.
Glad I didn't see it. There's a line in "Lonesome Dove" where Tommy Lee Jones has just whupped the dawg out of someone who was giving his son a hard time - "Ah cain't stand rudeness in a man." Sorry you had to force identities.
Love, Dad
Oh, I forgot I was going to make a comment about Civic drivers. did they want something bigger/better, but couldn't afford it, so are frustrated? I get the impression that Element drivers revel in their idiosyncracy.
Civic drivers are just a dime a dozen. They don't feel special.
Post a Comment