Monday, August 14, 2006

Home away from home

View from the door

Front corner of the room

View from the students' desks of me saying "Put that cell phone up before I confiscate it!"


My desk is in the back left corner

Here are some pictures of my classroom, where I spend most of my waking hours. Now when you are wondering what I am doing at that very moment you can visualize a location.

18 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I love your teaching posture. You look soooo mean. Your room looks great. I hope you have a wonderful year.
Love
Paul

Lesley said...

It's not just a look...I AM mean.

Anonymous said...

That picture of you made me laugh out loud. I would just like to let everyone know that that is how she talks to me too. To update everyone...i am in phoenix and just finished what is hopefully the most boring day of my training. I look like a dork in the flight suit and helmet. Tomorrow we practice airway skills and learn how to insert chest tubes ( that involves cutting a hole in someone's side and sticking your finger in thier chest to make the hole a little bigger and then sticking a plastic tube in their to drain out air and blood.) Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

lesley...please correct all of the stupid typos in the above comment. thanks. Love ya

Lesley said...

Hey Chad, get your own blog. Oh wait...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of your classroom, Lesley. How many cell phones and iPods did you confiscate today?

And, Chad, you know there is a point where something is so dorky that it morphs to cool, so maybe you're there in the flight suit and helmet. Who gets to have his/her side cut open while you guys practice inserting tubes?

Emily said...

Lesley, you will have to take pictures of Chad in his flight suit. Chad, you have always been a dork, but we all love you just the same. The classroom looks good.

Lesley said...

I have taken up three cell phones but no iPods since last Monday. One was from my T.A. who was a student of mine last year. I took up his cell phone almost every day, but it was 7th period, so he always got it right back. Now, he's my T.A. 2nd period so when I saw he had his cell phone out I grabbed it up and kept it for the rest of the day. I think he thought he was going to die. I said, "This is for all those times last year that I had to give your cell phone right back to you after class."

Lesley said...

Don't worry, I will definitely take pictures of Chad's new work getup.

Anonymous said...

Lesley, the room looks great and I am sure you are the meanest teacher on campus. not. :) You just keep up the good work and make those kids behave, even the T.A.
Now for Chad's blog. I hope today was not so boring and remember we don't think you are dorky. We all think that you are cute and pretty special. Not special enough though to let you practice cutting on us to insert a tube. :) Be safe and know that you are in our prayers. love you both, mom

Lesley said...

But know this: if you ever needed to be intubated, it would be good to have Chad around.

Emily said...

I agree. Chad is a smart man and good at his job. I would not hesitate for him to work on me. Lesley, how is is that your comments always seem to reach double digits?

Anonymous said...

I would choose Chad over anyone to take care of me. mom
p.s. Still think he needs to be a dr.

Lesley said...

You wanna pay for the med school? I guess my posts are just very comment-worthy, I don't know.

Lesley said...

Not to mention, Chad and I make a lot of comments on our own blog, so I guess those really don't count.

emma said...

I don't think the uniform has anything to do with the dorkiness. By the way, almost every day Elle says "Uncle Chad had a silly hat on. He sang Lollipop." refering to CBH. I do love that picture Lesley of you looking mean. Way to use the self-timer!

Lesley said...

No, I had one of my students take it. Just kidding. That is funny about Elle's comment about Chad. She's got a good memory. I had already blocked Chad's performance of "Lollipop" out of my own memory.

davemaz said...

Hmmmm - I'm coming in late. Chad's flight suit? Perfect costume for the next time he paints a room bright pink! And I think Denise said (in another comment) that her gray Camry hasn't morphed to cool yet! She should drive a beatup old Altima. Finally, saw a great sign at Lubbock High School last Friday. Walked in the building, and on one of the classroom doors was a "No electronics zone" sign. Shouldn't have to have to take up their stuff, but I guess that's expecting too much of the kids. Self-control - what a concept.