Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Agassi and Sampras called...they want their skills back.

Recently, Chad and I have taken up a new hobby together: tennis. As most of my family and friends know, I used to play tennis in my younger years and really enjoyed it. So, Chad and I found some courts at PHS and have played a couple times in the past week. We are having fun. I will take some pictures of us in action and post them when I get a chance.

And just so you know, we played our first real set last night...and I won. :)

10 comments:

emma said...

I didn't know you played tennis in HS. I played but not on the team...I don't like serious competition...it takes all the fun away for me. I LOVED tennis but quit playing when I got to Abilene because it was SO WINDY there and no fun to play! Maybe we will have to play sometime during a holiday :) I still have all my rackets!

Emily said...

I took tennis and racquet ball in college does that count? I am not very good, but it is fun to play. Can I play too?

emma said...

Okay emily, lesley, and me are going to leave kids and hubbies and go play the next time all of us are together. That would be fun and probably quite funny! I played racquet ball in college and some in HS also so there ya go!

Lesley said...

Yeah, I took lessons when I was younger and was on the team my freshman year. But then I moved to Brentwood and they did not have a team there. When I took beginning tennis in college I felt like a pro because the instructor was having us do things like see how many times you can bounce the ball on your racket.

Emily said...

Well, obviously my tennis coach in college was more advanced than yours, Lesley. We actually learned to play the game. Not that I remember all of the rules, but I did know them for the test.

davemaz said...

Glad you finally got him out there. What a great game!

The Montandon's said...

Your daily activities are just as important to us as those with our grandbabies. We miss seeing new pictures of our youngest and his cute bride.
Love to you both Carolyn and Dad

The Montandon's said...

After posting 3 times you ought to know we are serious. Actually it was due to impatience.
Dad

emma said...

Yeah, I heard that Chad was driving 3 hours one way to get to his current job! That would have made a great blog!...remember blogging is for the mundane things in your life that you're too embarassed to right a mass email about. So bring on the boring daily life....you don't have to have kids to be interested....or so I've heard.

Lesley said...

I took care of the repetition, Paul.