Thursday, January 19, 2012

A few more pictures of Ivy

We've got a little extra time to post pictures, on account of this:
 I'm not sure if there is anything cuter than a newborn baby with little sunglasses on under a bili light, but obviously the circumstances aren't what we would like. Yesterday they told us that Ivy is "Coombs positive," which made it sound like a good thing, but it basically means that her blood type is different from mine so her little body was having to fight off all of the blood that wasn't her type. Basically it makes her jaundiced and so here we are still in the hospital, letting her hang out under the light. We'll find out in a few hours if we can go this evening or if she'll need to stay longer to get her bilirubin levels down. She is being a trooper! And we are watching lots of food network.

So! Time for a few more pictures.

Ivy "facetiming" gramme
 I like to call this one "the smirk"
 Engrossed in Goodnight Moon
 Talking to daddy. I have a picture of Chad and Ezra very similar to this. We are in the same recovery room that we were after Ezra was born so a lot of these pictures look alike to me.
 Love this one...it almost looks like she is smiling at me.

2 comments:

Devin and Kensey said...

These are wonderful! Such a beautiful addition to a wonderful family!

davemaz said...

I really enjoy the blog and photos. Wonderful newsletter for your family and friends. I especially love the photos with Chad & Lesley.