Monday, January 09, 2012

Last monthly menu for a while

Hooray! I only have 2 weeks or left in my pregnancy! I planned out the meals for the next two weeks today and after that...I don't know...pizza, cereal and chick fil a for a while I guess. Sounds pretty good to me.

Most of the recipes are from Jaime Cooks it up. I had never made anything from this website before until yesterday, when I made the Braided Sandwich Loaf which was delicious and we ate every bit of it for leftovers today. So when I find one recipe that I like from a website, I try a few more to see if there are a lot of winners. If you try any of these, let me know what you think.

Teriyaki chicken and noodle bowl
Pioneer Woman's meatloaf
Smoky cream cheese-stuffed chicken
Baked creamy chicken taquitos
Braided Sandwich Loaf & Broccoli cheese soup
Sloppy joes
Sweet BBQ meatballs with brown rice
Crispy chicken with creamy italian sauce & bowtie pasta

So, about the braided sandwich loaf...the recipe makes a lot. If I had made the whole thing, it would have made two loaves, and one loaf fed Chad & me for two meals. I made all the dough, let it rest/rise, and froze half of it. So I will use the frozen dough to make the second meal. It was really good bread and I bet it would be great for pizza dough/calzones etc. I did almost have a mixer catastrophe--you are supposed to mix the dough on high for 7-8 minutes, and it made my mixer fall off the counter onto our tile floor. It took a hunk out of the tile but the mixer is fine...whew! I would have been very sad if my mixer had bit the dust. Anyway, the recipe allows for a lot of tweaking it to your family's taste, and you can fill it/top it with all kinds of different things. Plus, it's easy and pretty quick to make, for a recipe where you make your own dough.

No comments: