Monday, September 12, 2011

September menu

It is already mid-September and I'm just getting around to planning my menu. That might tell you what September has been like so far for us...crazy, lots of traveling for Ezra and me, Ezra starting school, remodeling the house, Ezra being sick for a week, etc. etc. I also decided I'm going to try lots of new recipes this month, thanks to pinterest. I also pulled out some older ones that I haven't made in a while. It took me a long time to come up with what we're eating this month...I've just been in a planning and cooking rut.

Tuscan garlic chicken  (had this tonight and it was really good. Make sure you use shredded, not grated, parmesan, and it probably wouldn't be good as leftovers)
Crispy southwest chicken wraps
Cheesy potato soup & sandwiches
Creamy chicken enchiladas
Soft tacos & homemade flour tortillas
Coconut chicken
Ultimate beef stroganoff
Jalapeno popper chicken
Marlboro man sandwiches
Salmon cakes, couscous with dried dates
Creamy chicken taquitos
Chicken cordon bleu
Marinated flank steak
Pork & ginger potstickers
Cheddar baked chicken
Chick-fil-a knockoff nuggets
Chicken tortellini bake
Chicken Parmigiana

If you have never tried couscous before, PLEASE try it! It is an easy side dish that is just a tiny little pasta. I use chicken broth to make it and I love the recipe above. You can also get whole wheat couscous that offers a few more health benefits. I don't post most of my side dishes but I'm sure we'll be seeing some asparagus, green beans, sweet potato fries or baked sweet potatoes, fruit or fruit salad, green salad, and rice/beans/chips and salsa with the Mexican dishes. Let me know if you try any of these recipes and enjoy them!

2 comments:

Denise said...

It all sounds SO GOOD.

Chrissy Cross said...

Nice. I am seriously going to try the couscous. The Marlboro man sandwiches look fantastic. I am definitely going to try those.