A LOT has happened in the past month. For starters, he is finally walking! He is able to be steady on his feet for a while before losing his balance. We're still working on getting back up without pulling up on something.
At 15 months...
--He is a lot more verbal. He can identify furry four-legged things as either "daw" or "kee kee," repeats "thank you" and Chad and I are pretty sure we heard him say "NO Ezra" this afternoon...wonder where he got that from? He also says "milk," "dadDY", "mama," and "hieeeee" (you'll see that in one of the videos). He "talks" pretty much constantly, from the minute I get him out of his crib in the morning. He is also great at giving kisses on request.
--Along with the talking, he points at everything. Many of the pumpkin pictures I took last week were of him pointing at something. It's cute to watch him point and talk, like he is really trying to show us something, or get us to take him somewhere.
--Ezra is a GREAT sleeper. He still usually takes two naps a day and sleeps for 12 hours a night. He is also much better about his flexibility. We can run errands or be out later at night, and he is so interested in everything that he tends to not notice that he is tired.
--I am 90% sure he is left handed. In the videos you can see that he holds everything in his left hand, and when he eats or if you hand him anything, he almost always uses his left hand. I don't know how early you can tell something like that though.
--He is so sweet and friendly. He always smiles when people talk to him when we're out in public and today he started waving and saying "hieeee" to strangers. In the past month he has stayed with two different sets of grandparents and has loved every minute of it. He loves Bible class. We still haven't gone through much separation anxiety or stranger anxiety, and for that I am thankful.
--He's still pretty picky about what he eats, but if you serve him non-suspicious food, he is a great eater. He eats pasta and string cheese at least once a day, lots of fruit, green beans or corn, waffles or pancakes, and scrambled eggs on a regular basis. If you offer him a food that he doesn't want, he will squint his eyes and put his fists up in front of his face: a formidable barrier to getting that weird food in his mouth.
--He is so fun to play with and read books to, but he is also great at playing by himself. His favorite things to do are pull all the tupperware out of that cabinet, play with his magnets on the refrigerator, and put small things in other, bigger things.
I take a lot of videos...most aren't worth sharing, but I thought these were funny. Apparently, Ezra thinks I talk on the phone a LOT (which I don't, because he is constantly trying to grab it from me) and that when I talk I say "Hiiiiiiii." So lately, he'll pick up pretty much anything and "talk" on it. Makes me laugh. He is a lot more into imitating us these days, and I guess being on the phone is what he picks up on from me. The third video is just one of Ezra playing with Chad. He gets so high-energy when he plays with Chad, and it is the cutest thing. He loves to be "gotten" and chased, and in this case peek under the chair. Enjoy!
Talking on the hair dryer plug from Lesley Montandon on Vimeo.
Talking on the diaper bag from Lesley Montandon on Vimeo.
More playing with daddy from Lesley Montandon on Vimeo.
Month 15 was the best month yet...I can't wait to see what happens in month 16 with our precious little boy.
4 comments:
Thanks for the post, Lesley. He is so cute I can't stand it.
That "talking" on whatever he can hold in his hand is probably just the start of many imitations to come! I wonder where he learned how to dig in the trash.... haha Precious as always - love the videos!!!
Well Natasha, I guess it's time to come clean--Chad and I are freegans. Haha.
Great videos!
Post a Comment