Sunday, August 29, 2010

13 months




Sorry about the lack of blog updates. We are still getting adjusted to being back home, and honestly, there hasn't been much exciting happening these days. I did want to make sure and post about what Ezra is like at 13 months. I learned my lesson about not posting updates this summer when he turned 10 and 11 months old--when I was updating his baby book the other night, I could not remember specifics about him from just two months ago! Lesson learned. I especially wanted to record the events of the last month in Ezra's life because he seems to be so different than he was before he turned 1.

At 13 months...
--Ezra has become more of a picky eater. If he doesn't like what is being served, even if he has loved it before, he will angrily swipe his tray and the food will fall to the floor.
--Is more sensitive in general...he gets his feelings hurt and will sometimes throw a little fit if we take something away, or close a cabinet door he's not supposed to be in, or don't just let him do exactly what he wants to do all the time. I know, we are so mean.
--Is into everything. He enjoys taking things out, putting them back, and repeat. Sometimes he just enjoys taking things out.
--He has learned to play peek-a-boo. In church this morning, he was standing on the seat and looking at the people behind us, crouching down and popping back up over and over again. We should probably move to the back row so he's not such a distraction. It is really cute though. He knows his cue: "Wheeere's Ezra?"
--Has made it all the way through Sunday worship without having to be taken out two Sundays in a row! Quite the accomplishment for him.
--Has started going to bed later. He used to be ready to go at 7, but now he likes to stay up until 8 or 8:30.
--Will still stand on his own every once in a while, but is mostly content with crawling and cruising around...and climbing. He loves his new "Ezra sized" chair, climbing up and down his chair over and over again. The other day he was playing in his room, and I walked in and he had climbed up the side of his crib and was holding on to the top railing (from the outside).

Ezra has definitely kept us on our toes this month, and we've had a blast. Hopefully I'll take more pictures and get back into the blogging mood soon.

2 comments:

davemaz said...

Thanks for the great update. The picky eating does NOT come from your Dad's side of the family.

The Montandon's said...

He looks like the cat that are the canary. What a cute picture.