Friday, August 20, 2010

Home sweet home

I finally got a chance to post about our summer...we had a blast at camp, and we are glad to be home. I tried to put these pictures in chronological order, so you can see how much Ezra grew over the 2.5 months we were there.

The first day we arrived at camp it was cold, and Chad and Ezra tried out the backpack carrier. He loved riding around in this thing.
Ezra's first campfire...I can't get over how much of a baby he is in this picture, compared to the pictures at the end of the post. Ezra loved playing with his friend Ava. Ava's mom Miriam and I camped together, were cooks and counselors together, and now we have babies just 2 months apart. It was fun catching up over the two weeks she was at camp!Ezra all dressed up for silly songs in his glasses and PJ's.Ezra had a lot of buddies at camp, but Wayland was his best buddy. I can't remember the exact occasion that Sarah was helping me with Ezra, but I had a lot of help from friends when I needed it, especially when Chad had to come back and work. This was a special moment because Ezra is not the kind of baby that just falls asleep on people. Fourth session was the session of Montandons. Chad's brother and sister and their families came and taught, and Barbara came the second week to stay in our cabin and help with the kids. Everybody had a blast. Here's Ezra with Aunt Emily and Aunt Emma...Me and my lovely sisters-in-lawAll the cousins minus LeviLaughing with GrammeAll the cousins, including Levi, with GrammeWhile Chad's family was at camp, we had a little birthday party for Ezra, although his real birthday was still a couple weeks away. He wasn't so sure about his cupcake and took about one bite before he wasn't interested anymore.Ezra with his new Buzz Lightyear walker:Chad and I took a little four-wheeler trip with some friends on our weekend off to a place called Marble Falls. It was the first time I had been there and it was beautiful. This picture doesn't show that there was a third waterfall above these two.Right before his birthday we transitioned to a cup and whole milk...here he is showing what a pro he is with his cup.Love this picture of Ezra and Chad, just playing in our cabin.Taken on his first birthday. I just called his name and he turned around already smiling like that. Crawling across the dining hall deck. We are getting settled back in to life at home. Everything is unpacked, the house is getting clean, and we are getting back to normal. It is great to see all our friends and be back at South Plains. I think Ezra is having a hard time adjusting to not having someone to play with all the time, not being outside all the time, and not having something to watch all the time (like the 200 campers in the dining hall at every meal). The first couple days he only wanted to sleep in his pack-n-play, not his crib. He is doing better though.

Sorry this was mostly the Ezra show, but that's what most of you read this blog to see anyway. Enjoy!

3 comments:

erin said...

The first birthday picture is so cute. Thanks for the post.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

glad you posted Ava pics so mirm can get them since I accidently deleted them off the memory stick!! it is amazing how much he grew!!

davemaz said...

What a wonderful photojournal. What a great summer for you all. Will try to put these in my digital frame!