So over the past few weeks I have been searching for some "in-between" clothes, since I am getting bigger but don't have a huge belly yet. And while I'm sure I have many more options than were available a few years or decades back, it has still been pretty slim pickings. There are a couple of issues that I have to think about...one is it's winter and the possibility of wearing dresses and skirts (or basically anything I want to for that matter) is still a little far off (I am not a pantyhose or tall boot wearer...plus pantyhose/tights is one more tight thing around my waist. No thanks.). The other is the tiny little issue of work and having to look somewhat presentable. So, I've found 4 pairs of pants...two black trousers, one pair of khaki utility-type pants (not very dressy, but I've already worn them to work) and a pair of jeans from Old Navy, where I've found a lot of clothes so far (mostly for summer). So I guess I'll just rotate these 4 pairs of pants until it gets warm. Nobody will care, right? It's kind of ironic because I really don't get many "normal" clothes at Old Navy because they don't really fit me right, but the jeans are perfect. I think I scared Chad when I tried them on and said something like "man, I wish I knew about these jeans with the stretchy wide elastic band before I was pregnant!" And then he made me promise that after the baby is born and I eventually go back to a "normal" size that I won't just wear maternity clothes still. I went to Motherhood but left pretty quickly, as the lady was a little bit too "attentive." I told her I was looking for the kind of low-rise pants with the elastic band, and she informed me that no one was really making those anymore, but try these 5 different types of pants with the really tall, stretchy panel (I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had already bought 4 different pairs of pants with the waistband I had described to her).
So anyway, that's what has been going on in my life lately. I have been hating thinking about what to wear to work every day...can I wear this maternity shirt, or will it make me look too big since I don't have much to fill it out yet? But I can't wear this normal shirt with these maternity pants, because it's not long enough to cover up the waist. Anyway, it's a minor problem. I am happy that my stomach is getting bigger, because that means there's a growing baby in there! We are getting excited. Only about 6 more weeks until we find out what "it" is!
In other news, Chad's NCLEX is Monday, so keep that in your prayers. He won't find out for a couple weeks if he passed. He will also start the internship part of his graduate nurse position next Thursday, so he gets two whole days where he doesn't have to work and doesn't have to study for the NCLEX!
Well, now I'm just postponing the inevitable, which is going to the grocery store, cleaning, and grading, so I guess it's time to go. I still have pictures that my sister-in-law sent me that she took when we surprised Chad's parents with the baby news at Christmas, but they are on my work computer so I keep forgetting to post them. I will eventually though.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Does your promise to Chad mean that you won't be shopping the back rack at J.C. Penney for the elastic waist jeans after the baby is born? They're only $14.99.
I guess if they're not technically maternity clothes, they're fair game. Chad said nothing about elastic waist, tapered pants, so that must be okay.
Les...my favorite maternity thing is a band that goes around your pants. It's called a Bella Band but Motherhood has their own version that's cheaper. I was able to wear my "normal" pants for close to 7 months and it helped to sinch up maternity pants when they were too big. Plus...it looks like you're wearing a long t-shirt under your clothes and covers up the maternity band on the pants. It's been a great way to stretch my wardrobe both for Tobin and now for Heidi!
Post a Comment