Monday, November 03, 2008

Hi everyone! I know some of you are ready for it not to be "all cabin, all the time" on our blog, and I am happy to report that this time is coming. The cabinets are installed, countertops are about to be, the electrician is finished and the house now has electricity and light fixtures, our builder has finished the railings and staircases on the outside of the house and is finishing up the ones on the inside, and we are now waiting on the plumber for this thing to be finished. He hasn't shown up yet.

This past week was quite busy with coming back from San Antonio and working. Chad went for one more review in Dallas for his clinicals which are about a week and a half away. My job is to force him to go over his skills stations with me every day until his clinicals. He just bought some pretty awesome all-white scrubs and all-white shoes to wear, which remind me of the scene in Willy Wonka when the Oompa Loompas are in those outfits in that white room. Anyway, I am sure he will do great, but please pray for him as he finishes his preparations...I know he has got to be pretty nervous.

The weekend was good. We had some friends over for a non-Halloween Halloween party on Friday night (meaning no one dressed up, and we didn't do any theme games or anything), and then Saturday we watched the Tech-UT game along with the rest of the town, and then rushed home to avoid being hit by a drunk driver. It was a good game, but I was in turmoil the whole time about who to root for: I know Aggies are supposed to favor anyone who is playing UT, but I just couldn't bring myself to all-out cheer for the Raiders. Instead, I wore my A&M shirt and just enjoyed watching the game.

Well that's enough ramblings and putting off grading for today. Hope everyone has a good week!

3 comments:

emma said...

I'm fine with you continuing to talk about the cabin ;) I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET UP THERE! I can't believe how close to being finished it is....I need pictures! Thanks for the update.

Lesley said...

If I had pictures, I would definitely post them. You're just gonna have to wait!

Amy said...

My Aggie family did the same thing. I can't wait to see more pictures of the cabin.