Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, this post is not so much about Thanksgiving as it is about our last trip to camp. We went up there one last time last weekend to check out the progress, and it is looking good. The electrician is done (the lights turn on!) and the plumber was supposed to finish up a couple days ago, although I haven't heard how that went and if he actually came. A few pictures...(and these will be the last ones of the cabin for a while, and hopefully no more until we get the flooring in and maybe walls painted, which will be next spring and summer. So enjoy!
There are ranches around the camp area and some men were moving their cattle. This is on the unpaved road to camp.
East view of the cabin
South view with deck (you can see right now the railing is open, which we will need to fix when spring comes so little kids don't fall off)
North view
Another view of deck, looking in
Inside view with light fixtures
Loft
Bedroom
Looking at loft

Looking at kitchenChad hammering up our sign on the turnoff to the cabinAnd pointing to the sign

This week we had a nice break. Shawn, Emma & the fam came to spend Thanksgiving with us and Emma and I cooked the feast. It was yummy if I do say so myself. After the third time eating it though, we were ready for something different. We enjoyed the time we got to spend with them, and we also got to see some extended family on Chad's side, so it was good to catch up with them as well.

I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving. It's kind of overwhelming to think about how much I have to be thankful for.

Since Monday is the beginning of December, I am already counting down to Christmas break, which is only three weeks away. It's kind of nice to have my breaks so close together!

2 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I love the cabin and the sign. It looks great for a mountain home. I know you are proud.

Love
Dad

Amy said...

The cabin looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.