Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Procrastinating

I am totally procrastinating right now. My job today is to get the 5th issue of our paper ready to go to press (and yes, the students did do their job, but my eyes are always the last ones to look at everything so nothing goes into print that I did not approve). Well, this takes a few hours to go through and I've been meaning to get to it all day, but duh, I've been teaching. So I've saved everything on my flash drive and will make a date with my laptop, issue 5, and "American Idol" tonight. I'd invite Chad, but I bet he's not interested given the other guests.

Well, we are going to state UIL. One of my students qualified as an alternate so Chad and I will be accompanying him in a few weeks to Austin for the meet. He may or may not compete, but if anyone doesn't show up, he's in, so we're going just in case that happens.

So I guess Chad told you about the big run. I was exhausted last night, but when I woke up this morning I felt good, and only my knee joints were sore--no muscles. Pretty cool.

Last thing...prepare to see some pictures pretty soon of our new floors. We replaced the floors in the front living room and all three bedrooms. The carpet was stained and gross from the previous owners, and we made it worse because we knew we'd eventually rip it out, so when we painted the rooms we weren't exactly what you would call careful with not getting paint on the carpet. All those rooms are wood now, so the house now has no carpet in it. Yay! Perfect for folks like us who don't take kindly to all the junk that gets caught in the carpet from dust, dirt, pets, etc...and our poor children who will probably have their father's respiratory issues. Anyway, it looks awesome and I have been itching to start taking pictures of it, but I've decided I'll wait until they're completely finished and the floors are actually clean. We have all the furniture from those rooms out in the garage and we're sleeping on our mattress in the living room, which has been pretty comfortable. Anyway...stay tuned.

No comments: