Monday, October 02, 2006

Car camping at its finest

The only way to eat Rice Krispy treats

The only way to make Rice Krispie treats (nice feet!)

If that's not 5-star, I don't know what is

Carl's Jr. for dinner--how rugged of us

"Me love Rice Krispie treats!"

Saturday night Chad and I took a break from our boring apartment and went camping about 7 miles away from our house. Well, camping wouldn't really be the right word. Chad decided it would be fun to take the back seats out of the Element and inflate the queen-size mattress and put it back there. We also just took some burgers out there with us so we wouldn't have to cook out (we were running a little short on daylight). We did have a dessert cookout though, with Rice Krispie treats Blue Haven style. It was a blast!

13 comments:

The Montandon's said...

That looks like loads of fun.
Love,
Dad

Lesley said...

It was! And thanks for commenting. I'm pretty sad that it's been half a day and nobody had commented yet. I guess that's what I get for never posting.

Emily said...

Sorry yesterday was pretty crazy so I did not get to check the blogs. Cool car that you can sleep in! Way to go on the rice krispies. Joey and I ate Carls Jr. for our first meal as a married couple. How romantic.

Lesley said...

I think we have you beat...we ate at a Wendy's in a Love's Travel Stop somewhere on I-35 between Austin and Texarkana (where we spent our wedding night). Also Chad was a little hazy from all the allergy medicine he had been taking. Now if that's not romantic, I don't know what is.

Emily said...

The Carl's Jr. was in a gas station somewhere between Tyler and Dallas.

Lesley said...

Okay, you win.

Emily said...

Hey now, i put a lot of thought into where we would eat our first meal... not everyone knows what a Carl's jr. is. Besides, Dave was overated.

joey

Lesley said...

You have to admit that Carl's Jr. DOES have pretty good burgers. Very healthy too.

emma said...

I hope none of your toe hair made it into the rice krispy treats. But if it did, I guess you could floss while you ate.
Shawn

emma said...

I feel left out....i've never had carl jr's. And as far as where shawn and I ate after our wedding...we've been married so long I don't even remember. I'm sure it was fast food somewhere close to DFW airport.

Lesley said...

Shawn, you're disgusting.

Emily said...

should've gone carl's and you would have remembered...

Lesley said...

That was a Joey comment, right? I feel like I am getting better at being able to tell who is REALLY making the comment.