Thursday, July 04, 2013

Take that, rewind it back

Kind of hard to update what all has been going on in our lives in just a few blog posts, but I had a little extra time while I'm working on the 3rd session slideshow, so here it is. A rewind of the past few months.

In May Chad's work sent him to a national nursing conference in Boston. I tagged along. It was so fun to visit a part of the country we had never been to before! I did some sightseeing on my own, and I can't remember what some of these pictures are, but here you go. This was in Boston Commons. It was a memorial to the Boston Massacre victims, but the site was elsewhere (and I took pictures on my phone, which I have not uploaded, so just google "Boston Massacre Site" and you can see it).


 The Boston Public Garden was BEAUTIFUL. Just FYI though, there might be a lady from Turkey wanting to borrow your phone to call her family back home.

 The sculpture honoring the book "Make Way for Ducklings." I should read that to my kids. We have it at home.
 The only picture Chad and I took together, even though we were with friends the whole time. Not the best, but oh well. Here we are at the Granary Burial Ground. One of my favorite sights.
 Lots of dead folks. FAMOUS dead folks, though!
 This guy's name was Ezra. See, we didn't make it up after all! And it's not just from the Bible!
 Peter Faneuil--the guy whose family Faneuil Hall was named after
 Look at all the people in this one spot! They just dug up the dirt and put another body in there every time someone died. The information said that at one point, it was a pretty gross place, and bodies were resurfacing. Ewwww
 Samuel Adams.
 Mother Goose's grave had bird poop on it. Definition of irony. Although anyone from Lubbock can tell you that is NOT goose poop.
 Paul Revere's grave.
We also went to the Old State House, a bunch of good places to eat, did the freedom trail, the USS Constitution, and probably some other stuff I am forgetting. It was a fun, whirlwind trip right before we left for Blue Haven!

No comments: