Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ezra at three

Our "baby" turned three while we were at camp this summer. Oh boy, is he a fun, funny, challenging kid. After a few conversations with friends I am convinced that every three-year-old is challenging, to say the least. Ezra is physically growing like a weed, and his little mind is so sharp. He is testing his boundaries like never before--when he gets in trouble and has room time, I'll go in and ask him if he's ready to obey (he can come out when he's ready to obey), and he would rather say "I'm ready to come out" or "no" than concede to me. He is a great big brother--so sweet to Ivy, but also pesters her quite a bit. I have to make sure he doesn't sit on her when she is playing on the floor. But it's just a matter of time before she starts crawling around and playing with his toys before he sees her as the pest. 
 One major milestone that Ezra has hit is that he has finally gotten the potty training thing down. It took over 4 months, but he seems to have decided that he doesn't care to go to the bathroom in his underwear on a regular basis anymore. Thank goodness! We were growing weary of the clean-up.
 I can't believe that Ezra is three. It's so fun to watch him grow and learn.
(Ezra on the new tricycle he got for his b-day)

No comments: