Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March menu

Ezra turned 19 months yesterday, which means I need to do his 19 month post because it's full of all kinds of crazy Ezra antics that are really just funny to Chad and me but I document them all anyway. But it also includes numerous videos that I have yet to upload because it takes a lot of time that I haven't had lately. So I'm just going to post my March menu and find some time in the next couple days to complete the 19 month post, reminding myself that it is not at all urgent to any of you and that you had no idea Ezra just turned 19 months and will probably forget in a couple of days that I said I needed to post about him turning 19 months.

Chicken cordon bleu (I made this tonight for dinner. DEE-lish.)
Chicken lasagna
Hamburgers
Baked potatoes w/ barbecue pulled pork
Lemon roasted chicken
Pizza
Crock pot santa fe chicken
Smoky honey mustard pork tenderloin
Chicken enchiladas
Thai fried rice
Sandwiches
Chicken with honey & balsamic glaze
Grilled marinated flank steak
Breakfast for dinner (chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs)
Chicken ropa vieja
Southwest chicken & corn cakes w/ guacamole (Ezra LOVES these and will eat up all the leftovers...I substitute mexicorn, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup mayonnaise for the corn souffle, leave out the green chiles and red peppers, and coat in panko crumbs. To lighten them up I make the cakes, spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven. One of my favorite recipes.)
Jalapeno popper chicken skillet
Strawberry waffles (basically frozen waffles with a strawberry yogurt sauce)
Fill in the rest of the days in March with Chick-fil-a, pizza, leftovers, and "out."

My weight watchers plan is going well. I have lost 7.6 pounds in the last few weeks. So yay! I am about halfway to my goal.

Also, not to be all "does anyone read this???" but, does anyone actually look at the recipe links? I will keep posting the menus because it's easy for me to go back when I am planning and get ideas for what to cook, but it does take a little time to do the links. So if nobody uses them then I won't do them anymore.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I made a few of your recipes from last month. Thanks for sharing!!!

Steph said...

Sorry, Mike must have been signed in to gmail on this computer... this is Steph :)

Giggles said...

I love your menu and look at the links. Thanks for sharing.

Chrissy Cross said...

I do, in fact I copied the chicken cordon bleu recipe because I am going to use it next week on our menu. :)

Lesley said...

Chrissy, I think your family will really like it. Chad said it was good, and he usually doesn't comment on the food too much either way.

Denise said...

I like the recipes. Keep 'em coming.

Also, it is very urgent that you post about Ezra being 19 months old.

heather byars said...

keep the recipes. i use them as well.