We have a cat. This cat lives in our backyard. We did not buy this cat, or rescue it, or choose it. In fact, Chad doesn't like cats and is allergic to them. A while back a piece of fence broke off of our back gate, and I guess that is how the cat gets in our yard. I think he sleeps under our shed. It kind of grosses me out, and Chad and I were discussing ways to get rid of it, and then it occurred to me that I haven't seen a single mouse since this cat has been around. We used to catch them in traps in our garage, and I have caught more than one in our house (Nasty I know.) But I haven't seen a mouse dead or alive in a long time, maybe over a year, so I think we'll keep this cat around. We don't feed him and I know he stays in our backyard so he's got to be eating something and my guess is that it's mice. I guess I should go out and thank him. I've decided to name him Archie, since I love that name and Chad wouldn't let me name Ezra that. Blog readers, meet Archie. Archie, blog readers.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Our new pet
Our new kitty...
Oops, he heard me. Going...
Going...
Gone.
We have a cat. This cat lives in our backyard. We did not buy this cat, or rescue it, or choose it. In fact, Chad doesn't like cats and is allergic to them. A while back a piece of fence broke off of our back gate, and I guess that is how the cat gets in our yard. I think he sleeps under our shed. It kind of grosses me out, and Chad and I were discussing ways to get rid of it, and then it occurred to me that I haven't seen a single mouse since this cat has been around. We used to catch them in traps in our garage, and I have caught more than one in our house (Nasty I know.) But I haven't seen a mouse dead or alive in a long time, maybe over a year, so I think we'll keep this cat around. We don't feed him and I know he stays in our backyard so he's got to be eating something and my guess is that it's mice. I guess I should go out and thank him. I've decided to name him Archie, since I love that name and Chad wouldn't let me name Ezra that. Blog readers, meet Archie. Archie, blog readers.
We have a cat. This cat lives in our backyard. We did not buy this cat, or rescue it, or choose it. In fact, Chad doesn't like cats and is allergic to them. A while back a piece of fence broke off of our back gate, and I guess that is how the cat gets in our yard. I think he sleeps under our shed. It kind of grosses me out, and Chad and I were discussing ways to get rid of it, and then it occurred to me that I haven't seen a single mouse since this cat has been around. We used to catch them in traps in our garage, and I have caught more than one in our house (Nasty I know.) But I haven't seen a mouse dead or alive in a long time, maybe over a year, so I think we'll keep this cat around. We don't feed him and I know he stays in our backyard so he's got to be eating something and my guess is that it's mice. I guess I should go out and thank him. I've decided to name him Archie, since I love that name and Chad wouldn't let me name Ezra that. Blog readers, meet Archie. Archie, blog readers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet! I hate mice. Not too fond of feral cats, either, but the lesser of two evils is OK.
Yeah, I figure as long as there's only ONE cat, we're okay.
Hmmmm - maybe you can get the cat "fixed?" Not sure whether the quotes are inside or outside.
Yay, Archie! Way to be proactive.
Post a Comment