I lost 2.4 pounds this week. I did everything right and worked hard, so I am proud of myself. I worked out 5 days, and we went out to eat every meal this weekend since we were in San Antonio for our anniversary, so I just made good choices and it paid off.
There is one recipe that I wanted to share. I know I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of the "diet" recipes so I try to modify regular recipes to make them healthier. One thing I love to make at home is homemade pizza, so I thought I'd share my recipe for pizza dough. The major modification is that I substitute half of the flour for whole wheat flour, and that makes a lot of difference in the "healthy" department because of the fiber content of whole wheat flour. I actually have two recipes for dough...one is from the California Pizza Kitchen cookbook, which I love, but it is more time-consuming (as in, you have to make it at least the day before you are going to have the pizza). This one is the fast and easy version and is still pretty good.
3 C flour
1 envelope yeast
2 t sugar
1 t salt
1 C warm water
2 T olive oil
Mix dry ingredients. Add water and oil. Knead for 10 minutes (I use the dough hook on my kitchenaid mixer and don't usually knead for a whole 10 minutes). Rest for 20 minutes.
Last week when I made pizza I just used things we had on hand, so the sauce was Newman's Own marinara sauce, and I usually do Chad's half of the pizza different than mine. He gets more cheese and sauce, and we didn't have pepperoni so he just got cheese last time. My side had artichoke hearts and red onions on it. I put the pizza stone in the oven at 500 degrees while I'm making the dough, and I roll out the dough and make the crust and then put it on the stone and add all the toppings. I leave the oven at 500 to cook the pizza. It cooks really quickly.
I am 5.8 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I want to thank all of you who have seen me in person and told me that I look good. As anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows, that means a lot! I have a couple more months to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was just looking online for a good dough recipe for homemade pizza, I love making homemade pizza, so I will definitely try this out! Thanks!
Chrissy, if you have some extra time on your hands (hahaha), google the California Pizza Kitchen dough recipe. It is soooo good.
what time is dinner? I love all your recipes maybe one day I will try them! You want to be my dietitian?
I will have to try that. It looks good!
Post a Comment